Dual graphics cards not working together

Yugless

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I just got a new computer, and the woman from hp that i talked to on the phone told me i could run three monitors from the one graphics card and i found out i cant, so i bought another one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161280&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

I stuck it in my computer and the new one works but my old one doesn't. Someone suggested that there was a driver conflict because my original graphics card is nvidia and the new one is ati so i bought another ati http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125251&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_- and replaced my nvidia with it but i get the exact same problem. i email their support and got this response,

Dear Sir,

Please just plug the 4350 card and unplug your old card to see if the 4350 have display. For PCIE 1X card, sometimes, it needed to set the motherboard to boot PCIE slot first. Or set the motherboard bios to default value.

Regards,
HIS support

So i go in to the bios and i dont see any settings for this, i really have no idea where to look though. I emailed them back and expect to get another vague response in another week or so. Halp?

sharkforce

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
you would probably need something liek triplehead 2 go to dispaly 3 monitors i think its only possible to do 2 for most graphics cards IE the ones with 2 DVI ports, those low proofile graphics cards you posted are *** and probably cant display more than one monitor.

Yugless

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I'm trying to run 3-4 monitors. i have an external graphics card that i used with my laptop but when i use it on my new pc i get a blue screen, it was garbage anyway, really choppy and froze up frequently. based on the reviews both of the cards posted are capable of displaying 2 monitors. the card that it came with is 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G210.

i talked to a guy from hp and he said using two gfx cards with my pc isn't possible so fml i guess.

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
the problem is you're trying to run nVidia and ATi cards together.

the geforce G210 is a decent card, so you should get a low end nVidia card for the third monitor

Yugless

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
i bought 2 ati cards though and they wont both work at the same time. when they're both installed only the pcie x1 card work, but when i remove the pcie x1 card the other one works.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
xp will support different video drivers at the same time like an ati and a nividia
but I could never get it to take two versions of the same like two ati's

vista and win7 do not support multiple video drivers

I've done it before with xp several times and it was always a pain to set up, and some card just don't work together.

Since you've been trying for a while the first thing to do is get rid of all traces of any video driver that's ever been installed.

Then install one card with a driver that will support both video cards

shut down and install second card

make sure the second is installed properly in device manager and that the first is not messed up

play with display settings to get them the way you want them

Or you could just buy a card that supports 4 monitors

Yugless

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

i thought such a thing only existed in my fantasies, linky? thanks for the post

Mar 24, 2018
I bought Asus K55A i7 and nvidia logo is pasted on it that nvidia geforce 610m. But when I checked it was only Intel 4000 that was running on it. So I used drivers pack to install the nvidia but couldn't detect any hardware. Is there any way to do it in order to install the dual graphic cards?