Sign in with
Your question

Audigy

Last response: in Windows XP
January 13, 2012 1:53:00 PM

I installed an Audigy SE sound card yesterday. I now have great sound on everything BUT my DVD audio is worse than terrible. The card shows up in Device Manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers but I no longer have a Multimedia Audio Controller driver. I can not seem to get a straight answer from Creative if there should still be one.

Could this not be the cause of my DVD sound problem? If yes, can I use any Multimedia Audio Controller driver? I'm getting no where with Creative on this. They keep telling me to first uninstall my old card (Duuu, that had to be done to install the new card).

More about : audigy

January 13, 2012 11:08:06 PM

mibix19 said:
Hi. Try this driver. http://www.asio4all.com/

This is not a Sound Blaster SE driver or any type of Sound Blaster driver. Why would this help my situation? I'm just trying not to make things worse and not dive in blind.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2012 4:17:45 AM

Did you turn off the onboard audio....? Maybe they conflicting?

Plus...you didn't describe the sound...by terrible, what do you mean?

IS the sound still in 5.1 or is it pure hiss/static like it's not being decoded.
m
l
January 14, 2012 2:31:02 PM

I went right from one sound card to another so onboard sound should never have changed. Actually I don't even know how to turn it on and off.

The sound is slow (like a tape being played too slow), the words are garbled and the is a shaky tremolo in it.
m
l
January 14, 2012 4:23:28 PM

In the audio settings did you tell the soundcard to use this driver. It is a duplex driver and is compatible for the Audigy Here is a snippet of an Audigy user Okay so more info, about my last post... I am running an Audigy 2 ZS with FLStudio6. The outputs work fine and the driver works great etc. what would be nice though is a wave out like with the standard ASIO drivers so that I can get get 5.1(all channels being output). your gonna make it to heaven for sure man!!! everyone in heaven that has used asio4all in this life is gonna get togther in heaven (if we make it) and jam a symfeny for da man Micheal Tippach.
You do this for people for nothing in return. You do a stupid thing like spend money on an Audigy card to solve a bug because your a hero to many of us no doubt they prolly just dont know the best way to express it. ( I am not Michael Tippach)
m
l
January 14, 2012 4:55:59 PM

mibix19 said:
In the audio settings did you tell the soundcard to use this driver. It is a duplex driver and is compatible for the Audigy Here is a snippet of an Audigy user Okay so more info, about my last post... I am running an Audigy 2 ZS with FLStudio6. The outputs work fine and the driver works great etc. what would be nice though is a wave out like with the standard ASIO drivers so that I can get get 5.1(all channels being output). your gonna make it to heaven for sure man!!! everyone in heaven that has used asio4all in this life is gonna get togther in heaven (if we make it) and jam a symfeny for da man Micheal Tippach.
You do this for people for nothing in return. You do a stupid thing like spend money on an Audigy card to solve a bug because your a hero to many of us no doubt they prolly just dont know the best way to express it. ( I am not Michael Tippach)

All I did was install it. I've got a bug that gave me a fever so I am going to wait for Monday before I really try to get in to it. All I am trying to do is get sound back for my DVD player Power DVD. I can use power DVD, Windows Media Player and a Nero player. None of them have sound or if the di it's distorted sound. Last night I started Power DVD and clicked it's Information tab. Read the last two lines.

Player Information:
Player Region Code: 1
Current Drive: E:
Title Region Code: Not Available

Audio Attributes: Not Available

Hardware Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU running at 2191 MHz
3DNow! Technology: Not Detected
Enhanced 3DNow! Technology: Not Detected
3DNow! Professional Technology: Not Detected
IA MMX Technology: In Use
IA Streaming SIMD Extensions: In Use
IA SSE 2: In Use
Video Accelerator: DirectX VA (not in use)
Multispeaker Audio Device: Sound Blaster Audigy (not in use)
SPDIF Output Device: Sound Blaster Audigy (not in use)
m
l
January 14, 2012 8:36:57 PM

You may have to enable the sound card in control panel sound -audio and/or device manager tell it to us this device. Try updating the driver in device manager Also go to start /run and type dxdiag and press enter test the audio from there. there is a codec download as well that may help http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.h...
m
l
January 15, 2012 4:52:52 AM

If the sound sounds like a tape player, I'm thinking it's running at the wrong sample rate...like running something at 48k but the sound card is running at 44.1k.
m
l
January 15, 2012 3:33:15 PM

alphaproject said:
If the sound sounds like a tape player, I'm thinking it's running at the wrong sample rate...like running something at 48k but the sound card is running at 44.1k.

There are no controls to access it's sampling rate.
m
l
January 15, 2012 3:48:45 PM

One more detail that might help. With my previous card (when DVD sound worked), a line from the primary DVD drive was plugged in to the AUX plug on the sound card (Audigy 2 Platinum - which ceased to work and was too old to get any tech support on or any software).

This new card (Audigy SE) has that same AUX plug (as well as a female ribbon plug that Creative, the makers of the card, tell me they do not know what it is for).

I have tried DVD's without the line from the DVD drive plugged in, I have tried DVD's with the line from the DVD drive plugged in with one side of the plug up and I have tried DVD's with the line from the DVD drive plugged in with the other side of the plug up. The thing fits both ways and there is no indication what side of the plug should be up. And once again Creative says they have no idea what the plug is for to start with. Each time I changed the state of the plug I rebooted the PC before trying the sound.

How can the card manufacturer know NOTHING about their own card??????
m
l
January 16, 2012 10:30:43 AM

Take it back, get the X-fi....it works. I use the first edition...best sound card I've ever owned. Search ebay for it. Xtreme Music editiion PCI version, not express either.

I believe the best versions were the earlier ones before the economy tanked.
m
l
January 19, 2012 1:28:43 PM

T12 said:
One more detail that might help. With my previous card (when DVD sound worked), a line from the primary DVD drive was plugged in to the AUX plug on the sound card (Audigy 2 Platinum - which ceased to work and was too old to get any tech support on or any software).

This new card (Audigy SE) has that same AUX plug (as well as a female ribbon plug that Creative, the makers of the card, tell me they do not know what it is for).

I have tried DVD's without the line from the DVD drive plugged in, I have tried DVD's with the line from the DVD drive plugged in with one side of the plug up and I have tried DVD's with the line from the DVD drive plugged in with the other side of the plug up. The thing fits both ways and there is no indication what side of the plug should be up. And once again Creative says they have no idea what the plug is for to start with. Each time I changed the state of the plug I rebooted the PC before trying the sound.

How can the card manufacturer know NOTHING about their own card??????

Because Creative is "anything but" IMHO. Was the dvd drive you mentioned before running DTS sound?...If so this is the probable reason for the ribbon cable. You might have to go to start menu properties and disable digital out or something like that! Creative sound cards are extremely frustrating....even when all creative drivers are new and you follow procedures. The only and I mean only drivers that ever worked somewhat reasonable for me were the Daniel drivers....If you can find them and can install them correctly....which seems there was an order to install or something....perhaps someone else could elaborate.
m
l
January 22, 2012 6:28:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. The DVD player was and is running only WAVE sound.
m
l
!