Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 will not connect to wireless router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 27, 2010 9:26:57 PM

I upgraded my Lenovo R61 laptop to Windows 7 and now I cannot connect to one specific wifi router. I can connect to any other wireless router that i want (4 others) except this one at this public location. i am connected to it right now using my Vista OS on the same exact laptop and it works fine. It has something to do with 7.

i have tried disabling IPv6, installing drivers directly from the wifi card manufacture and nothing works. I have connected to other unsecured routers, so its not a security issue.

I cant right click on the router properties to change any setting for the router...authentication..etc.
I see the router with perfect signal and it tries to connect...only it fails.

had an employee find the model # -zhone 6218

Any ideas? this has me lost.

Thanks
January 28, 2010 8:24:03 AM

it may depend on the drivers. some routers, network cards, dongles are not compatible or are partitial compatible with windows 7 and if there aren't any good drivers released for it it might fail. windows 7 is for most of the systems to new to be compatible with everything. u can try to install the driver below else try to ask a other employee to share them so you can connect trough his pc if its really need for you to use windows 7 (try to send a message to Lenovo for asking if there are problems with the drivers).

drivers:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?...
m
l
Related resources
!