Sign in with
Your question

Lost files

Last response: in Storage
May 18, 2011 4:32:28 AM

Hello, recently i restores some files and view a couple of times. But only few weeks ago i want to view it again and its gone. I search but this files is not there anymore. But all the old files are still there. So how can i retrieved this recent files? Please help.

More about : lost files

a b G Storage
May 18, 2011 8:15:47 AM

Could you tell us a little more about the files and where you put them on your computer Gina?
m
l
a b G Storage
May 18, 2011 11:25:31 AM

I agree with Rusty, a bit more information would be helpful.

But if I had to take a stab at what has happened I would probably say that you restored your computer to a date that is before the date you created the files you are looking for, and therefore the files are gone.
m
l
Related resources
May 27, 2011 1:06:34 AM

gina_66 said:
Hello, recently i restores some files and view a couple of times. But only few weeks ago i want to view it again and its gone. I search but this files is not there anymore. But all the old files are still there. So how can i retrieved this recent files? Please help.

I have this Maxtor Plus 4 external drive, and put all the latest pictures and video on it! I view a couple of times and still there. But recently when i view it again all the recent pictures and video are all gone. I go to search but cannot find. I even go to recycle bin, but it's not there. I don't have any copy on this latest pictures, I've already delete on my SD card, even to my computer. Becasue i thought it will be safe if i will put all in external drive just in-case my computer got a virus. So how can i retrieved again this files? Pls. help me!
m
l
a b G Storage
May 31, 2011 6:53:14 AM

Well it sounds like one of two things happened.

1. You somehow deleted the files from your external drive and can try a file recovery program like recuva. There are some better ones out there, if you just google free file recovery you will get a long list of programs.

2. One way or another you never actually put the files onto your external drive and therefore deleted the only copies of them when you deleted them off of your flash drive. This would be very unfortunate as there would be no way to get them back at this point in time.

Hope you can find them!
m
l
June 10, 2011 11:31:30 AM

Thanks for your help, but until now i cannot retrieved the files.
m
l
June 25, 2011 10:33:09 AM

Thanks for your help! You are right, there is no way to get them back. Even i have this recovery program. It didn't view the images.
m
l
!