HarvesterFan

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
So I don't know if this is the proper thread or not but it's the closest I could find. My problem is my computer which I built about a month and a half to two months ago has recently started kicking me out of the game I'm playing EVE, and when it does it it kicks me off of all Internet programs I have running. And for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds it tells me my internet isn't connected. I have Cable Broadband internet. It only seems to do this when I'm playing that I can tell. Is it the game, my computer, or something with my Modem. I am currently using the on board graphics on an ECS GF8200A Black series MOBO, an AMD Athlon 64x2 7850 Kuma Processor running Windows Vista 32 bit with 4 gb's of ram. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

HarvesterFan

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
I have the only thing that confuses me on that is I have VOIP Telephone and when it boots me... the phone still works... or atleast I get a dial tone.. I guess it could be in the router if I'm going to call my ISP Tomorrow and have them send a tech out to check that end of it. Thanks for the swift reply.

Are you wired or wireless? For some reason I had the same problem when I played CoH with a wireless connection.

1. reset your router. unplug it for about a minute then replug.
2. If your using a wireless connection and a wired setup is not possible..
1. uninstall your wireless drivers and update with the latest ones.
2. try changing your channel settings.

If your wired, make sure you have the latest drivers available for your NIC.

HarvesterFan

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Ok so I hadn't all the sudden been having much of a problem with this until recently with a different game. I would start to lag, (probably my ping). and then it would boot me and this would happen quite often. My ethernet "card" is onboard it is a Realtek RTL8111. I am wondering if that could be the culprit. My connection also seems to be slow compared to testing websites I'm below average for my ISP. Would a new ethernet card help this does anyone think? Thanks for all of the reply's the last time and thanks in advance for any replies I get to this.