Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Transporting Water cooled Workstation

Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2011 5:54:38 AM

I transfer my workstation to and from work daily, strapping my pc into my passenger seat, driving on not the smoothest of highways and roads.

I am wondering how safe it would be to transport a water cooled pc. I plan on upgrading to a Corsair Hydro Series H80 or H100 from air cooled in my thermaltake Spedo Chassis. Also what is the lifespan of these Corsair Hydro cpu coolers? My other alternative is to stick with air cooled with a thermaltake Frio ock.
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 26, 2011 6:05:06 AM

Those things will be fine, if it was a 'proper' Wc loop I'd say forget it though,
Moto
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
September 26, 2011 6:07:22 AM

The H80 and H10 are closed loop systems, so transportation is very easy as there are no openings. You could flip ur computer upside down and it would not leak.

treat it like you currently do and you should be fine.
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 26, 2011 2:30:26 PM

You could also transport a full watercooled loop this way and be just fine, as long as you took precautions when building the loop and securing all fittings.

However, I'd make sure and check for any leaks or tubing/fittings coming loose every couple days just to make sure.
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:35:32 PM

Like Rubix said, if you put it together properly you should have no problems.

I usually just lay my PC down in my trunk or back seat with my dufflebag as crash padding and drive. I even forgot to unpack one winter and the whole thing froze. A defrost and leak check later there was nothing wrong.
m
l
October 3, 2011 11:04:09 AM

Best answer selected by dzslacker.
m
l
!