Closed

can't get pregnant?

everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
there infertile couples?
18 answers Last reply
More about pregnant

    I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need to be
    in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20 times, (poor
    bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they were both in
    gold... tried again she was pregs

    moochachanyc@mac.com wrote:
    > everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
    > times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a
    > new couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or
    > are there infertile couples?

    If they are adults they will be able to get pregnant eventually. I think 5
    is the most I ever had to try but it varies.

    Gareeth

    Rhiannon wrote:
    > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
    > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
    > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
    > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs

    They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
    having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to be
    in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.

    Gareeth

    i realized that i had "aging off" do you think they won't let you get
    pregnant if you have aging off?

    I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's just
    based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and some
    have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
    setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
    individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo). I
    don't know this for sure though.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    <moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
    > everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
    > times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
    > couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
    > there infertile couples?

    Hi

    Ive had this happen a few times, but sometimes you dont hear the music, if
    theres other things going on, I got a medicine cabinet, think it was from
    MTS2 where it tells you if your sim is pregnant, and how many babies, though
    I have a multiple birth (quads ) hack..
    It also cures diseases and all that..
    They have to be in good moods but not in the gold, if that were the case
    none of mine would have had any... LOL
    Hope this helps
    Julia

    > Rhiannon wrote:
    > > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
    > > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
    > > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
    > > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs
    >
    > They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
    > having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to
    be
    > in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.
    >
    > Gareeth

    Brandi Broke once got pregnant when her aspirations were below the line and
    red.

    Jeanie

    Hi

    I dont know. that might be why..
    I've never used that cheat, but the tombstone of L&D is a last resort way of
    getting them preggers
    LOL
    in the cheat window type boolproptestingcheatsenabled true
    then press shift and click on your sim
    should come up wit a list of options, one should be Spawn
    pick tombstone of life and death...
    It should appear near the Sim
    The options you want are on there, but be careful with it....
    Hope this helps
    Julia

    the ladies can even get pregnant by alien from it, and you can also speed
    the pregnancy up...
    Hope this helps

    >i realized that i had "aging off" do you think they won't let you get
    > pregnant if you have aging off?

    No, aging off doesn't prevent pregnancy and birth, just growing up.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    > I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's just
    > based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and some
    > have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
    > setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
    > individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo). I
    > don't know this for sure though.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    I think you are right, Maxon, I think it's purely random
    set with whatever percentage Maxis set. But I do find it
    odd when what the original poster asked happens, and it
    has happened to me, too. Most of my sim couples get
    pregnant usually on the first try, definitely by the
    third. Then again I've had some couples who take ages
    to get pregnant. Not just with the first kid, but with
    *every* kid. But I noticed this with Sims 1, as well.
    If I wanted my sims to have a kid, I'd have them kiss
    and kiss and kiss until I got that "Should we have a
    baby?" message. With most couples, it happened fairly
    quickly, but some of them took forever. Weirdness.

    Laura

    I just read that the rate is set at 75% - which means 3 out of 4 times, you
    should get a pregnancy straight away (I think it was 75% - about that
    anyway). It's not really weird - taking chances with percentages will mean
    some couples will not produce a child - perhaps ever.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >I just read that the rate is set at 75% - which means 3 out of 4 times, you
    > should get a pregnancy straight away (I think it was 75% - about that
    > anyway). It's not really weird - taking chances with percentages will
    > mean
    > some couples will not produce a child - perhaps ever.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    I've been playing since December. One of my sims just had the first set of
    twins that I've encountered yesterday. It's weird that it would take that
    long.
    --
    Emily E

    www.emilyw.com

    Geoff and Betty Mills just took 5 tries to get pregnant... hopping in
    and out of that bed like there was no tomorrow... Damn Betty and her
    lifetime want to marry off six children!

    ~*~
    vecki

    i guess maybe because they hit gold they were in a good mood... i dunno....
    it was weird because every other couple i had got pregnant the first or
    second time

    > "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Rhiannon wrote:
    >> > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
    >> > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
    >> > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
    >> > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs
    >>
    >> They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
    >> having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to
    > be
    >> in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.
    >>
    >> Gareeth
    >>
    > Brandi Broke once got pregnant when her aspirations were below the line
    > and
    > red.
    >
    > Jeanie

    It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first time
    they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the lots for huge
    houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have them taken away and put
    in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it would really be like a raffle prize
    if you decided to adopt a baby! Just imagine the choice! he he
    I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food, get a
    bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing ) leave the rest
    of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed & invite your prey to join
    you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music
    plays & the prey stays the night. They usually want a bit more early in the
    morning so they kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear
    the music again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
    passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus Stargazer....two
    babies in her belly? Not sure!
    Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke and the
    famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different bloke - can
    the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies with different
    fathers...WOW!

    emma J wrote:
    > It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first
    > time they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the
    > lots for huge houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have
    > them taken away and put in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it
    > would really be like a raffle prize if you decided to adopt a baby!
    > Just imagine the choice! he he
    > I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food,
    > get a bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing )
    > leave the rest of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed &
    > invite your prey to join you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss
    > woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music plays & the prey stays the
    > night. They usually want a bit more early in the morning so they
    > kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear the music
    > again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
    > passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus
    > Stargazer....two babies in her belly? Not sure!
    > Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke
    > and the famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different
    > bloke - can the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies
    > with different fathers...WOW!

    Once a sim is pregnant, you won't get the "Try for Baby" option again.
    Maybe you have a hack that allows the men sims to get pregnant, too and both
    the sexual partners are pregnant?

    Jeanie

    Yes - I think you are right ! Must be my brother interfering with my lovely
    SIMS - right he's for it now!

    > emma J wrote:
    > > It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first
    > > time they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the
    > > lots for huge houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have
    > > them taken away and put in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it
    > > would really be like a raffle prize if you decided to adopt a baby!
    > > Just imagine the choice! he he
    > > I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food,
    > > get a bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing )
    > > leave the rest of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed &
    > > invite your prey to join you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss
    > > woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music plays & the prey stays the
    > > night. They usually want a bit more early in the morning so they
    > > kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear the music
    > > again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
    > > passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus
    > > Stargazer....two babies in her belly? Not sure!
    > > Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke
    > > and the famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different
    > > bloke - can the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies
    > > with different fathers...WOW!
    >
    > Once a sim is pregnant, you won't get the "Try for Baby" option again.
    > Maybe you have a hack that allows the men sims to get pregnant, too and
    both
    > the sexual partners are pregnant?
    >
    > Jeanie

Sims Games Video Games