Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

can't get pregnant?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 12:16:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
there infertile couples?

More about : pregnant

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:20:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need to be
in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20 times, (poor
bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they were both in
gold... tried again she was pregs


<moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
news:1120706208.805109.294680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
> times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
> couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
> there infertile couples?
>
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:24:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

moochachanyc@mac.com wrote:
> everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
> times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a
> new couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or
> are there infertile couples?

If they are adults they will be able to get pregnant eventually. I think 5
is the most I ever had to try but it varies.

Gareeth
Related resources
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:23:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Rhiannon wrote:
> I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
> to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
> times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
> were both in gold... tried again she was pregs

They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to be
in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 11:50:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

i realized that i had "aging off" do you think they won't let you get
pregnant if you have aging off?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:44:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's just
based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and some
have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo). I
don't know this for sure though.

Best wishes
Maxon

<moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
news:1120706208.805109.294680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
> times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
> couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
> there infertile couples?
>
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 5:45:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hi

Ive had this happen a few times, but sometimes you dont hear the music, if
theres other things going on, I got a medicine cabinet, think it was from
MTS2 where it tells you if your sim is pregnant, and how many babies, though
I have a multiple birth (quads ) hack..
It also cures diseases and all that..
They have to be in good moods but not in the gold, if that were the case
none of mine would have had any... LOL
Hope this helps
Julia


"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:EP6ze.1831$Rn1.1665@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
> I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's just
> based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and some
> have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
> setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
> individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo).
> I
> don't know this for sure though.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> <moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
> news:1120706208.805109.294680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> everytime i've "tried for baby" i've been successful. (5 out of 5
>> times, just got the game, with 2 different couples.). i just made a new
>> couple and tho they've tried 6 times, no dice. is this common? or are
>> there infertile couples?
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:41:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:g%2ze.100729$HI.78810@edtnps84...
> Rhiannon wrote:
> > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
> > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
> > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
> > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs
>
> They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
> having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to
be
> in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.
>
> Gareeth
>
Brandi Broke once got pregnant when her aspirations were below the line and
red.

Jeanie
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 11:58:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hi

I dont know. that might be why..
I've never used that cheat, but the tombstone of L&D is a last resort way of
getting them preggers
LOL
in the cheat window type boolproptestingcheatsenabled true
then press shift and click on your sim
should come up wit a list of options, one should be Spawn
pick tombstone of life and death...
It should appear near the Sim
The options you want are on there, but be careful with it....
Hope this helps
Julia


the ladies can even get pregnant by alien from it, and you can also speed
the pregnancy up...
Hope this helps

<moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
news:1120747832.407564.102260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>i realized that i had "aging off" do you think they won't let you get
> pregnant if you have aging off?
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:10:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

No, aging off doesn't prevent pregnancy and birth, just growing up.

Best wishes
Maxon

<moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
news:1120747832.407564.102260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> i realized that i had "aging off" do you think they won't let you get
> pregnant if you have aging off?
>
>
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:25:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Maxon wrote:

> I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's just
> based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and some
> have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
> setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
> individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo). I
> don't know this for sure though.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon


I think you are right, Maxon, I think it's purely random
set with whatever percentage Maxis set. But I do find it
odd when what the original poster asked happens, and it
has happened to me, too. Most of my sim couples get
pregnant usually on the first try, definitely by the
third. Then again I've had some couples who take ages
to get pregnant. Not just with the first kid, but with
*every* kid. But I noticed this with Sims 1, as well.
If I wanted my sims to have a kid, I'd have them kiss
and kiss and kiss until I got that "Should we have a
baby?" message. With most couples, it happened fairly
quickly, but some of them took forever. Weirdness.

Laura
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:21:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I just read that the rate is set at 75% - which means 3 out of 4 times, you
should get a pregnancy straight away (I think it was 75% - about that
anyway). It's not really weird - taking chances with percentages will mean
some couples will not produce a child - perhaps ever.

Best wishes
Maxon


"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:AVZze.3173$Ae.2181@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> Maxon wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure there are infertile couples (I think in the coding, it's
just
> > based on a percentage chance per woohoo) but it certainly varies and
some
> > have far more difficulties than others in getting pregnant. AFAIK, the
> > setting for the chance of pregnancy is a global one and is not set
> > individually (so everybody has the same chance of pregnancy per woohoo).
I
> > don't know this for sure though.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
>
>
> I think you are right, Maxon, I think it's purely random
> set with whatever percentage Maxis set. But I do find it
> odd when what the original poster asked happens, and it
> has happened to me, too. Most of my sim couples get
> pregnant usually on the first try, definitely by the
> third. Then again I've had some couples who take ages
> to get pregnant. Not just with the first kid, but with
> *every* kid. But I noticed this with Sims 1, as well.
> If I wanted my sims to have a kid, I'd have them kiss
> and kiss and kiss until I got that "Should we have a
> baby?" message. With most couples, it happened fairly
> quickly, but some of them took forever. Weirdness.
>
> Laura
>
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 2:02:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:p K_ze.3369$f77.1054@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...
>I just read that the rate is set at 75% - which means 3 out of 4 times, you
> should get a pregnancy straight away (I think it was 75% - about that
> anyway). It's not really weird - taking chances with percentages will
> mean
> some couples will not produce a child - perhaps ever.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
>

I've been playing since December. One of my sims just had the first set of
twins that I've encountered yesterday. It's weird that it would take that
long.
--
Emily E

www.emilyw.com
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 8:31:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Geoff and Betty Mills just took 5 tries to get pregnant... hopping in
and out of that bed like there was no tomorrow... Damn Betty and her
lifetime want to marry off six children!

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 3:08:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

i guess maybe because they hit gold they were in a good mood... i dunno....
it was weird because every other couple i had got pregnant the first or
second time



"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:J2cze.143362$xm3.50014@attbi_s21...
>
> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:g%2ze.100729$HI.78810@edtnps84...
>> Rhiannon wrote:
>> > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
>> > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
>> > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
>> > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs
>>
>> They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women all
>> having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen to
> be
>> in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.
>>
>> Gareeth
>>
> Brandi Broke once got pregnant when her aspirations were below the line
> and
> red.
>
> Jeanie
>
>
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:52:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first time
they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the lots for huge
houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have them taken away and put
in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it would really be like a raffle prize
if you decided to adopt a baby! Just imagine the choice! he he
I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food, get a
bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing ) leave the rest
of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed & invite your prey to join
you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music
plays & the prey stays the night. They usually want a bit more early in the
morning so they kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear
the music again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus Stargazer....two
babies in her belly? Not sure!
Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke and the
famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different bloke - can
the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies with different
fathers...WOW!
"Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:TXvAe.1350$6e3.180045@news20.bellglobal.com...
> i guess maybe because they hit gold they were in a good mood... i
dunno....
> it was weird because every other couple i had got pregnant the first or
> second time
>
>
>
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> news:J2cze.143362$xm3.50014@attbi_s21...
> >
> > "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:g%2ze.100729$HI.78810@edtnps84...
> >> Rhiannon wrote:
> >> > I had this happend to me and then I realized, your sims seem to need
> >> > to be in "gold" to get pregnant.... I had one couple try like 20
> >> > times, (poor bugger must have been sore!! LOL) anyway as soon as they
> >> > were both in gold... tried again she was pregs
> >>
> >> They do not need to be in the gold to get pregnant. I have ten women
all
> >> having ten kids atm and they get pregnant in whatever mood they happen
to
> > be
> >> in when I send them to try. Many times they have only been green.
> >>
> >> Gareeth
> >>
> > Brandi Broke once got pregnant when her aspirations were below the line
> > and
> > red.
> >
> > Jeanie
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:52:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

emma J wrote:
> It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first
> time they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the
> lots for huge houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have
> them taken away and put in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it
> would really be like a raffle prize if you decided to adopt a baby!
> Just imagine the choice! he he
> I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food,
> get a bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing )
> leave the rest of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed &
> invite your prey to join you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss
> woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music plays & the prey stays the
> night. They usually want a bit more early in the morning so they
> kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear the music
> again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
> passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus
> Stargazer....two babies in her belly? Not sure!
> Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke
> and the famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different
> bloke - can the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies
> with different fathers...WOW!

Once a sim is pregnant, you won't get the "Try for Baby" option again.
Maybe you have a hack that allows the men sims to get pregnant, too and both
the sexual partners are pregnant?

Jeanie
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:27:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Yes - I think you are right ! Must be my brother interfering with my lovely
SIMS - right he's for it now!

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:rHxAe.146580$_o.83620@attbi_s71...
> emma J wrote:
> > It's the luck of the game - if we all got our simmies preggers first
> > time they ever did anything - would there be any room left on the
> > lots for huge houses holding all these kids? Or would we all have
> > them taken away and put in the 'kid bin' for later use? Gosh it
> > would really be like a raffle prize if you decided to adopt a baby!
> > Just imagine the choice! he he
> > I have found they get preggers most during parties. Serve the food,
> > get a bar tender, flirt, kiss in hot tub ( anyone who is willing )
> > leave the rest of the sims playing & eating. Relax on your bed &
> > invite your prey to join you. Kiss woohoo, kiss woohoo kiss
> > woohoo.....try for baby!!!!! Baby music plays & the prey stays the
> > night. They usually want a bit more early in the morning so they
> > kiss, cuddle, woohoo , kiss try for baby & oh heck I hear the music
> > again. Now I am not sure of the outcome of this night of
> > passion - I will have to see what happens to Miss Venus
> > Stargazer....two babies in her belly? Not sure!
> > Also, I wondered what happens if she tries for baby with one bloke
> > and the famous music plays - then she tries for baby with a different
> > bloke - can the music play again - can she be preggers with 2 babies
> > with different fathers...WOW!
>
> Once a sim is pregnant, you won't get the "Try for Baby" option again.
> Maybe you have a hack that allows the men sims to get pregnant, too and
both
> the sexual partners are pregnant?
>
> Jeanie
>
>
February 11, 2010 11:05:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!