Which Fan For Overclocking 2600k???

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
  • Fan
  • CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2011 12:10:00 PM

I am going to buy a good fan for overclocking my CPU. It is 2600k. Which one do you recommend?
Is it really a need? I play all king of video games and work with Photoshop and after After Effects.

Corsair CPU Water Cooling H50
OR
Cooler Master CPU Cooler V10 (Has cooling for rams too but i have a fan ram)

Please Just Answer If You Know Both Models.
My case is cooler master elite 310.

More about : fan overclocking 2600k

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 12:35:03 PM

Neither... For the money get the 212+. If you want a little more performance go with the Mugen 3 for around 50 beans. If you're willing to fork out 100+ for top end cooling, grab a Noctua D-14, it beats the V10 and is a tad cheaper I believe. If you have active cooling for the ram already, you don't need the V10, and can get better cooling for the money, GL

Edit: Make sure the fans fit your case and clear the fan on your ram before buying.

m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 12:53:45 PM

babourian said:
I am going to buy a good fan for overclocking my CPU. It is 2600k. Which one do you recommend?
Is it really a need? I play all king of video games and work with Photoshop and after After Effects.

Corsair CPU Water Cooling H50
OR
Cooler Master CPU Cooler V10 (Has cooling for rams too but i have a fan ram)

Please Just Answer If You Know Both Models.
My case is cooler master elite 310.

the V10 won't fit on your case, and it has a very stupid design and looks huge and scary..LOL
if you're a hard overclocker you need a high end aftermarket cooler such as Corsair H80 or Noctua - NH- D14 but they also will be bottlenecked by your case.
so the best option for you is to go with a CM Hyper 212+ it's very decent and always recommended for average users and overclockers, i'm overclocking my 1055T @ 4.1 and getting 72C in full load and 40c IDLE
m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2011 1:00:30 PM

I agree with them the V10 is not worth the money you could go for the Hyper 212+ or V6GT (if you like the V10 looks). But the best bang for the buck would be the Hyper 212+ and intel sandy bridge cpus dont run as hot as the older cpu chips. The Hyper 212+ would be more than enough. But if you want to go much more OVERKILL you could go for the Venomous X or Noctua NH-C14. These are large coolers I think you may have a hard time fitting bigger coolers. My friend is having the same problems. We are looking for a CPU cooler in his budget that would fit his elite 430.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 1:04:54 PM

shoot you said:
I agree with them the V10 is not worth the money you could go for the Hyper 212+ or V6GT (if you like the V10 looks). But the best bang for the buck would be the Hyper 212+ and intel sandy bridge cpus dont run as hot as the older cpu chips. The Hyper 212+ would be more than enough. But if you want to go much more OVERKILL you could go for the Venomous X or Noctua NH-C14. These are large coolers I think you may have a hard time fitting bigger coolers. My friend is having the same problems. We are looking for a CPU cooler in his budget that would fit his elite 430.

the V6GT will be a problem too for it's height and it will be useless cuz there's no intake fan providing airflow to the case, it's the best option for owners of CM HAF series
m
l
September 26, 2011 1:24:44 PM

Ok then. So which Noctua is more powerful? d14 or c14?
m
l
September 26, 2011 1:24:52 PM

True hahahah my friend just tested his i72600k in prime 95 it reached 91C in 2 minutes of blend test. The case is the biggest issue currently opening the side panel and facing an industrial fan on the side saves his cpu hahahahahah. But seriously if you want to overclock you need to have a good case with awesome airflow more than heatsinks. :) 
m
l
September 26, 2011 1:26:43 PM

Strangely a lot of review are saying the c14 which i dont understand since it has less fin array maybe its due to the positioning of the fans hahahaha.
m
l
September 26, 2011 2:16:48 PM

I have the 2600K and the 212+.. ZERO problems OC at 4.2 stock voltage.
right now browsing internet etc I am sitting at 26 Celsius. (basically idle)
I could do a few degrees cooler if I decided to lap CPU and 212+.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 2:36:02 PM

The Corsair H series are poor cooling choices and frequently leak which can damage hardware. See the link below for a comparison of the popular HSFs. The Hyper 212+ is a good, cost effective solution unless you need extreme cooling.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSI...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 2:46:02 PM

beenthere said:
The Corsair H series are poor cooling choices and frequently leak which can damage hardware. See the link below for a comparison of the popular HSFs. The Hyper 212+ is a good, cost effective solution unless you need extreme cooling.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSI...

you're telling that Corsair H series have poor cooling choices ? simply this is not true, Corsair H50 / H60 / H80 were all rated as the best for cooling situations,,, but he won't get that proper cooling because of his Case.
and no one reported any leak under any condition.....

m
l
September 26, 2011 4:49:53 PM

Ok guys Please. If i change the case to Cooler Master Case 690 Black :D . no what?which is the best cooling solution? And PLEASE tell that what voltage should i set in turbov evo when i get that fan? can i set it to max?:D 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2011 4:51:57 PM

babourian said:
Ok guys Please. If i change the case to Cooler Master Case 690 Black :D . no what?which is the best cooling solution? And PLEASE tell that what voltage should i set in turbov evo when i get that fan? can i set it to max?:D 

don't get the 690 Black advanced, get the one of the HAF series, HAF 912 advanced, or HAF 922 and get the NH-D14
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:00:56 PM

From what I read the Corsair H series isn't really bad but they are not up to certain standards or for the price. there are better air coolers like the CM hyper 212+ that would give you about the same performance maybe a few degrees hotter than more expensive ones but very much acceptable temps.
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:26:13 PM

Guys.I didn't get my answer The money isn't the problem. i have saved for my fan and sata 6.0 H.D.D. And finally which goes for a 5 GHz overclock?:D  and you didn't answer where can i find the best tutorial for overclocking? is add voltage using turbov evo enough?
m
l
September 26, 2011 6:51:24 PM

from what i can recall the current stock voltage of the i7 2600k can overclock it to around 4Ghz. Not too sure havent tinkered much with the 2600k to reach 5ghz. But the multiplier is the one to be manipulated and a 1.3V should be more than enough to get you to over 4ghz
m
l
September 27, 2011 6:49:03 AM

Well there you have it hahahaha. Good luck in overclocking just do go for the top immediately and watch the temps.
m
l
!