How do i get XFX's warranty?

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Title says it all, if i buy an XFX card, (4890), will it have XFX's warranty? Like for OC'ing. If i break it OC'ing, will i have to call up XFX and they'll send me a replacement?

BTW what does double lifetime warranty mean, what would just lifetime warranty mean, oh, and if they ship me a GPU that doesent work, how much time do i have to return it?

Well son.... The warranty does not cover the card if you break it by overclocking/overvolting... you do that at your own risk....if the card fails due to poor manufacturing or lets say it dies for no reason or.... the card is not being properly cooled due to a fan malfunction.... then yes it is covered so make sure you dont go crazy on the clocks and keep the temps low......

In order for you to activate your warranty, you have to register the card within 30 days of purchase....

Double lifetime warranty means if you sell/give the card to someone else, the warranty will still be active (lifetime) under that persons name.....

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
so why do people keep telling me that XFX's warranty covers you if you break it overclocking? Some even said they dont care, they'll just send you a new one, will i have XFX's warranty if i order form newegg? (the one that allows you to return it from overheating)

The only way the card is going to break by overclocking is if you raise the clock speed and it exceeds it's thermal limit... I overclock my card everyday and nothing has ever happened to it...so just play it safe....keeps temps low and you will be fine....

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
yeah i know to keep the temps low, and knowing how the 4890 heats up, shouldent be too hard to make it hot. So i guess they do insure you if you overclock? Because you cant really break it by overclocking, only by overheating, or just a malfunction