Msconfig issues

July 22, 2004 3:01:29 PM

Can anyone tell me how to be able to access and make
changes in msconfig? Every time I go bring up msconfig
the screen flashs the system config screen then it
disappears before I can access the program to take some
items out of startup.

More about : msconfig issues

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:26:51 PM

Check for Virus, trojans, spyware and adware. You can use these
sites
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://safespy.net/Spyware_Hunter.htm

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

http://spybot-spyware.com/trojan.htm

http://www.spysweeper.com/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

Msconfig - Corrupt Compliments of Kelly's

To extract: Open a command prompt window. Insert your XP CD into the drive
and enter the following command:

EXPAND -R X:\I386\MSCONFIG.EX_ Z:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\BINARIES. This
will extract a new copy of the MSCONFIG.EXE from the CD.

"EFarr905600" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to be able to access and make
> changes in msconfig? Every time I go bring up msconfig
> the screen flashs the system config screen then it
> disappears before I can access the program to take some
> items out of startup.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 10:51:39 PM

Greetings --

The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp