Msconfig issues

Can anyone tell me how to be able to access and make
changes in msconfig? Every time I go bring up msconfig
the screen flashs the system config screen then it
disappears before I can access the program to take some
items out of startup.
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig issues

    Check for Virus, trojans, spyware and adware. You can use these
    sites
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    http://safespy.net/Spyware_Hunter.htm

    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

    http://spybot-spyware.com/trojan.htm

    http://www.spysweeper.com/

    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

    Msconfig - Corrupt Compliments of Kelly's

    To extract: Open a command prompt window. Insert your XP CD into the drive
    and enter the following command:

    EXPAND -R X:\I386\MSCONFIG.EX_ Z:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\BINARIES. This
    will extract a new copy of the MSCONFIG.EXE from the CD.

    "EFarr905600" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to be able to access and make
    > changes in msconfig? Every time I go bring up msconfig
    > the screen flashs the system config screen then it
    > disappears before I can access the program to take some
    > items out of startup.

    Greetings --

    The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
    one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

    W32.Klez
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

    W32.Yaha
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

    W32.Spybot.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
    Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
    definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
    on-line scanners to double-check your system.

    Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "EFarr905600" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to be able to access and make
    > changes in msconfig? Every time I go bring up msconfig
    > the screen flashs the system config screen then it
    > disappears before I can access the program to take some
    > items out of startup.

Configuration Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP