Toshiba Tecra 9100 Problem help please.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello Community,

I have a Toshiba Tecra 9100 from a company that gave them away fro free. I installed windows XP sp2 from an old CD because the current OS was locked with company software None of the important hardware on the system is working. ie: WiFi card, SD Card, Sound, and Bluetooth. None of the many drivers I found and installed worked, Updated Chip-set drivers everything. Still doesn't work. Help!

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Yes, and Yes I installed all the drivers like 20 different downloads but it seems like Windows XP just doesn't detect that there is wifi card in the laptop. Same goes for the sound and bluetooth. But the wifi card is what I am mainly focusing on. I installed SP3 from a separate download because I don't understand how to use windows update(very different from windows 7).

So Is this a software problem? (Windows XP not noticing that the hardware is present)

Or Hardware prolem? (I'm F***ed).

What happens when you install the WiFi drivers from the link above? Error messages? There look to be two different ones, a Toshiba one and a Cisco one, did you try both?

Post a link to the exact drivers you tried.

Your motherboard could also just be bad, did you know if the laptop was working fine before you re-installed Windows on it again?

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
When I installed the drivers. The install goes along perfectly and I get a cool new icon on the taskbar notification area .But all it says is "Driver not installed" So I installed a few different drivers but no luck.

The WiFi, blutooth, and sound all worked on the previous installation.