January 29, 2010 2:09:15 PM

Hello, first off, here's my build:

-ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
-G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
-LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS50 - OEM
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
-Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core
-Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V
-XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
-Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Got them from newegg a few days ago. This is my first build. A few friends helped me out via ventrilo while assembling it. On the first run everything came on fine, the case fans were running, the card's fan was running, the CPU fan was going, and the mobo's green light was on. But it wouldn't boot. The dram LED was continuously going, as well as the CPU LED. We moved both sticks of RAM through all the slots, and it only periodically works, and not in the same slot. Whenever I'd go to hold the MemOK button, it would restart like it said, sometimes just once, sometimes continuously until I turned off the power. When the dram isn't on, the CPU LED is consistently flashing.

We did some troubleshooting, and along with those issues, I can't find a way to reset the CMOS, there isn't a switch on this board, can't find a jumper, and there's nothing about it in the manual. I called them, and they said to just send the RAM, Mobo, and CPU back to newegg, and HOPE that the problem was just one of them defective.

I didn't give up hope on pieces, and I'd like to hear from more people before I just go about returning pieces that may have nothing wrong with them.

Mm, if anyone has free time, and doesn't mind helping more than posting here, because that can be time consuming for both sides, I'm more than happy to get live help via phone, or a real-time voice program like ventrilo, skype, etc. I'm really unskilled as far as building my own system, so anything is helpful.

More about : p7p55d lga issues

a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2010 10:33:25 PM

See page 2-25 of your manual:

You can clear the CMOS memory ... by erasing the CMOS RTC RAM data.

To erase the RTC RAM:
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper caps from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5-10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the <del> key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.
!