Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Windows XP answers about screen

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
January 14, 2012 3:33:07 AM

My web pages are wider than my moniter screen. How do I make page fit the window so I don't have to continually scroll to the right? Help!!

More about : windows answers screen

January 14, 2012 7:13:52 AM

johnnyguit12 said:
My web pages are wider than my moniter screen. How do I make page fit the window so I don't have to continually scroll to the right? Help!!

What size is the monitor & have you set resolution in display properties from control panel ?
January 24, 2012 5:45:19 AM

ksiemb said:
What size is the monitor & have you set resolution in display properties from control panel ?

Yes I've set my resolution level up to the highest level from 800x600 and its a 17" screen. But online my pages are still way too wide! On Facebook i can't even scroll over to the right as far as I need to?? HELP!!!
Related resources

Best solution

January 24, 2012 6:57:09 AM
Share

johnnyguit12 said:
Yes I've set my resolution level up to the highest level from 800x600 and its a 17" screen. But online my pages are still way too wide! On Facebook i can't even scroll over to the right as far as I need to?? HELP!!!



Then it must be the View setting (zoom) in the browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Tap the “Alt” key on your keyboard to display the menu bar at the top of your IE Window.
3. In the menu bar, click on “View”, and point to “Zoom”.
4. A sub-menu will be displayed under Zoom. Click on one of the settings to change your view. I would start with “100%” and see if that makes a change on your web page.

If you are using Google Chrome, you can change the view this way:

1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the small wrench icon in the upper- right corner of the window.
3. In the “Zoom” section of the menu, click the minus button to reduce the size of the page.

Firefox - Use the View TAB to change setting.

Hope this helps.
January 24, 2012 7:21:33 PM

Best answer selected by johnnyguit12.
January 24, 2012 7:23:33 PM

Thankx so much! It worked! johnnyguit12@gmail :D 
January 25, 2012 11:37:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!