Sign in with
Your question

760W Seasonic with 2 560tis (SLI) and an i5-2500k OC'd to 4.4?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 27, 2011 4:32:10 PM

I was curious if with the above specs, I would have any issues with running something like Battlefield 3? The reason I ask is because I just downloaded the Beta and have played it 4 times and every time within a few minutes of play, my entire system will lock-up and restart.

The only things I could think of were heat and maybe PSU but my temps seem fine, and I was advised by someone at the place I get my parts that I would be more than OK with that PSU and my current cards and CPU.

Anyone have any thoughts?
a b K Overclocking
September 28, 2011 2:27:33 PM

We need details. List Exact model of the PSU, HSF, and your GPU's. Please list your temps on your cpu and gpu while gaming as well.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 28, 2011 2:28:21 PM

have you run any stress tests like Intel Burn or Prime95? You could have a very unstable OC on your CPU.
m
l
a c 197 K Overclocking
September 29, 2011 10:36:00 PM

casualbuilder said:
We need details. List Exact model of the PSU, HSF, and your GPU's. Please list your temps on your cpu and gpu while gaming as well.

And motherboard.

A pair of GTX560ti's will pull about 32 amps. Figure another 10 amps for an OC'd CPU. That's about 500 watts. Figure another 100 - 150 watts for everything else coupled with a very good PSU gives you plenty of power.

Some motherboards are unhappy with RAM running faster than 1333 MHz.
m
l
!