deleteAllCharacters questions

1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
townies/NPC's as well?

2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
neighborhood?

3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?

Thanks!

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
4 answers Last reply
More about deleteallcharacters questions

    Be VERY careful using this cheat - I actually don't know the answer to your
    questions for sure but AFAIK it does EXACTLY what it says it does. That is,
    wipes out ALL characters from the neighbourhood - it just empties the
    Characters folder in your Neighbourhood folder and that means
    E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. So, don't assume anything. It's meant to be used from the
    Neighbourhood screen and I don't know what would happen if you use it in the
    Uni screen. The NPCs eventually regenerate - ask Madame Min, I think she's
    done this at least once.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
    > townies/NPC's as well?
    >
    > 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
    > neighborhood?
    >
    > 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > D.
    > --
    > Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
    >
    > -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
    > Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

    Me? Yes. I wipe out a neighbourhood when I start a new one just to get rid
    of all the Maxis people. It deletes EVERY SIM in the neighbourhood and the
    University neighbourhood(s) attached.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    > Be VERY careful using this cheat - I actually don't know the answer to
    your
    > questions for sure but AFAIK it does EXACTLY what it says it does. That
    is,
    > wipes out ALL characters from the neighbourhood - it just empties the
    > Characters folder in your Neighbourhood folder and that means
    > E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. So, don't assume anything. It's meant to be used from
    the
    > Neighbourhood screen and I don't know what would happen if you use it in
    the
    > Uni screen. The NPCs eventually regenerate - ask Madame Min, I think
    she's
    > done this at least once.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
    > > townies/NPC's as well?
    > >
    > > 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
    > > neighborhood?
    > >
    > > 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > D.
    > > --
    > > Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
    > >
    > > -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
    > > Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
    > townies/NPC's as well?

    Yes everysim.

    > 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
    > neighborhood?

    Yes, yes.

    > 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?

    Yes. So will backing up the appropriate character files and re-pasting them
    after the culling (although I think you also need to re-paste the
    neighbourhood file in that case too - I've only done it that way once).

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    Hi

    What is this cheat?

    Thanks in advance
    Julia

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
    > townies/NPC's as well?
    >
    > 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
    > neighborhood?
    >
    > 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > D.
    > --
    > Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
    >
    > -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
    > Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Sims Games Video Games