deleteAllCharacters questions

1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
townies/NPC's as well?

2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
neighborhood?

3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?

Thanks!

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Be VERY careful using this cheat - I actually don't know the answer to your
questions for sure but AFAIK it does EXACTLY what it says it does. That is,
wipes out ALL characters from the neighbourhood - it just empties the
Characters folder in your Neighbourhood folder and that means
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. So, don't assume anything. It's meant to be used from the
Neighbourhood screen and I don't know what would happen if you use it in the
Uni screen. The NPCs eventually regenerate - ask Madame Min, I think she's
done this at least once.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
> townies/NPC's as well?
>
> 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
> neighborhood?
>
> 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?
>
> Thanks!
>
> D.
> --
> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>
> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Me? Yes. I wipe out a neighbourhood when I start a new one just to get rid
of all the Maxis people. It deletes EVERY SIM in the neighbourhood and the
University neighbourhood(s) attached.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

> Be VERY careful using this cheat - I actually don't know the answer to
your
> questions for sure but AFAIK it does EXACTLY what it says it does. That
is,
> wipes out ALL characters from the neighbourhood - it just empties the
> Characters folder in your Neighbourhood folder and that means
> E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. So, don't assume anything. It's meant to be used from
the
> Neighbourhood screen and I don't know what would happen if you use it in
the
> Uni screen. The NPCs eventually regenerate - ask Madame Min, I think
she's
> done this at least once.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
> > townies/NPC's as well?
> >
> > 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
> > neighborhood?
> >
> > 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > D.
> > --
> > Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
> >
> > -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> > Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 1) If done from the main neighborhood screen, will it delete the Uni
> townies/NPC's as well?

Yes everysim.

> 2) Can it be done from the Uni screen, and if yes - does it affect the
> neighborhood?

Yes, yes.

> 3) I assume moving lots to the bin will protect your characters?

Yes. So will backing up the appropriate character files and re-pasting them
after the culling (although I think you also need to re-paste the
neighbourhood file in that case too - I've only done it that way once).

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

Hi

What is this cheat?

Thanks in advance