Sign in with
Your question

How to install motherboard ep31-ds3l

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2010 7:29:58 PM

Hello i recently buy GA-EP31-DS3L with 3GhZ processor. I install them all and put them together, then i turn on my computer, and it's going fine, untill the windows 7 startup image is up, then it's crash and it's restart itself! Any can help me with this? Jay
January 29, 2010 9:06:54 PM

I did everyting and check all that may be problems. But i dont know what to do now, I unplugged everything and put them back, with one 2GB ram, and start the computer, it's start ok, but same problem again. windows 7 icon shows up, then computer shut down and restart! Any help? pls!
jay
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2010 10:12:28 PM

Did you do a fresh install of windows, or transfer the install from another build?
January 29, 2010 10:26:44 PM

I have the harddrive from my old motherboard, and i have some importent thing's in it! do u think i should formater it and install the windows 7 again?
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2010 10:34:42 PM

Tap f8 on startup to access the safe mode menu. Use the repair tools to repair your current install. That should fix the problem.

When you change hardware, such as the motherboard, the hal.dll is different. This often times will stop you from being able to boot off the hard drive, until it's been repaired.

The windows repair should fix the boot problem. However, once you are able, you should back up your important data, and do a fresh install. You could start having problems with driver conflicts.
January 29, 2010 10:58:37 PM

Let me see if it's possible to do that. I get back if my problem isnt fix!

Jay
January 29, 2010 11:15:40 PM

Same problem! I did use the startup repair and follow the everything what it's says, and restart the computer. My computer keep crahs in windows startup, i dont know what to do! Any suggestion?

Jay
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2010 11:22:33 PM

Try using the command prompt tool. At the command line, use these 2 commands
fixboot
fixmbr
January 29, 2010 11:35:19 PM

@dleh

You didn't make any mention of using a hard drive from a pre-existing computer.

You can't just use a drive with windows on it and expect it to work flawlessly after changing a motherboard unless you take appropriate steps.

If you can't get things to work with aford10's help then consider getting another drive to install an operating system on the new PC and afterward install your existing one as a secondary drive and get your data off of it.

I'm guessing the chipset is completely different and that's why it won't work.
January 29, 2010 11:44:51 PM

So u suggestion that i buy another hard drive and install the windows 7 64 bit and reclaim the files i have in the old hard drive?

jay
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2010 11:53:36 PM

Is your windows 7 disc an upgrade?

If yes, just do a custom install. Your old files will be moved to a folder called windows.old.
January 30, 2010 12:28:29 AM

Yes it is, i try it then!
Thnx for sharing me with information i need, i really need to run these new motherboard and processor :)  i hope i can run them soon! if not, i sell them on ebay!
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2010 12:32:35 AM

Just make sure you do the custom install. Then, look for in the C drive for a folder called windows.old, and you can access your data. However, only data will be saved, not programs.
January 30, 2010 5:41:23 AM

Thank u so much for you, it's works. Finally i run with my new GB-EP31-DS3L motherboard and Intel Core Quas 3GHZ processor. damn it's feels good, thnx to u guys for helping me to sold the problems!
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2010 1:39:54 PM

The windows.old folder can be rather large. Once you have the data backed up, you may want to delete it the folder, or do a full format and install windows again.

You're welcome.
!