Raid 1 Failure...

aalequin

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Recently my computer was giving me event ID 4609 ESENT, which upon looking on the web, most of what i saw pointed to faulting hard drives (this was Monday). Tuesday i decided to do some backups, and now today my computer froze as i was surfing the internet on Mozilla. I tried to restart my computer but it would only go to the Vista welcome screen, then flash a blue screen with some text, which i couldn't read because it was only displayed for about a few milliseconds.
I have Raid 1 set up to prevent data loss because i just plain old have bad luck with hard drives :??: . Anyways i opened my case and disconnected one of the two drives to see if i can start on an individual drive (basically to see which one i have to replace). Because on my computer boot up screen it does show both drives as "Bootable". But none of them does actually boot past vista screen without an automatic hard reset.

Im not sure what to do next, or whether i lost all my data or not. Should i reconnect both drives individual on another computer to see if they boot or should i buy a new identical drive and connect one clean 500GB western digital drive with one of the current ones involved in the raid 1 set-up. If one of the drives does turn out to be broken and one isn't not broken how would i go about getting the data back up and running?

HDD's: 500GB western Digital drives

Any advice/insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

4745454b

Titan
If you have another computer to use, plug one drive at a time in to see which doesn't show up in disk management. All your data should be on both drives so it doesn't matter from a data standpoint which still works.

If you don't have a computer handy, it probably doesn't load because your using RAID drivers. Try seeing if you can boot into safe mode. If that works, you change your SATA driver back to windows default, and you should be up and going again. (in normal/non raid mode)

aalequin

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Well even tho i tried going to safe mode using one disk yesterday, i did this twice again today because i used each of the two HD i have, none of them would go to safe mode, just flash a blue screen (milliseconds) and would do another hard reset.

TRENDING THREADS