Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building pc, what kind of processor needed for Crysis - full specs

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 2, 2009 6:38:00 PM

Building a computer for the first time, don't really know where to start. By the end of the year I will have about $ 1,500 - 1,800 to put into the build. I am looking to go high-end and am wondering what kind of processor I would need to play Crysis on full, or close to full settings, and how much it would cost. Thanks for any help.
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2009 6:47:46 PM

a 12 core behemoth that has all the new arch and has a clock speed of 5 ghz
as well as a 7890 OCed to hell

LOL just kidding

by the end of this year do u mean 09 or like 10?

u can get a really good build 1800

so the parts will be

i7 920 and then aftermarket cooler
the i7 should be OCed

DDR3 RAM atleast 4 gigs at 1600mhz

5890s in CF

SSD how much ever u want for storage

BD drive R/RW etc.

LGA1366 mobo that is top end costing around $400

1200 watt PSU

24'' Ultra HD monitor

see this is the best, u have to tell us a bit more on what exactly u want like, and how much u are willing to spend not how much money u have alloted for it
m
0
l
November 2, 2009 7:13:54 PM

I don't see why you want to play CRYSIS.. There are many better games than just Crysis. What I'm saying is, don't by computer hardware to just play/bench 1 game.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 1:21:08 AM

haxs101 said:
I don't see why you want to play CRYSIS.. There are many better games than just Crysis. What I'm saying is, don't by computer hardware to just play/bench 1 game.

^Uhm...I agree with your statement but the threat starter did not ask for your opinion about how and what for he should build his computer. If you carefully read his post you can clearly see two questions that he is asking you to answer
1)what kind of processor I would need to play Crysis on full, or close to full settings?
2)and how much it would cost?

Nowhere in his post did he ask for your personal opinions on what games are better/worse than crysis or what he should and shouldn't do regarding his build.

============================

To the OP:
For your budget your two best options are these two routes:
The Core i7 920-1366-X58 Route or the
The Core i7 860-1156-P55 Route

The Core i7 920 is considered higher end, and has higher upgradeability and crossfire/SLI value however the 860 is on a mainstream socket and has less upgradablity however it can be considerably cheaper in most cases and has a higher stock clockrate and overclocks very well also. I am not telling you which one to go with but both will fit perfectly into your budget with a nice SSD and good components as well as a nice GPU. :)  Decide which one you want to go with and then a build will be assembled based on your requirements.
m
0
l
November 3, 2009 6:37:12 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
^Uhm...I agree with your statement but the threat starter did not ask for your opinion about how and what for he should build his computer. If you carefully read his post you can clearly see two questions that he is asking you to answer
1)what kind of processor I would need to play Crysis on full, or close to full settings?
2)and how much it would cost?

Nowhere in his post did he ask for your personal opinions on what games are better/worse than crysis or what he should and shouldn't do regarding his build.

============================

To the OP:
For your budget your two best options are these two routes:
The Core i7 920-1366-X58 Route or the
The Core i7 860-1156-P55 Route

The Core i7 920 is considered higher end, and has higher upgradeability and crossfire/SLI value however the 860 is on a mainstream socket and has less upgradablity however it can be considerably cheaper in most cases and has a higher stock clockrate and overclocks very well also. I am not telling you which one to go with but both will fit perfectly into your budget with a nice SSD and good components as well as a nice GPU. :)  Decide which one you want to go with and then a build will be assembled based on your requirements.


AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor. This is the one that I have been looking into on newegg, would this one do the trick as well?

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 6:43:24 PM

crysis 2 stats 2.66 c2d 9600 gt 2 gb ram
m
0
l
November 3, 2009 6:47:14 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. This is my first try at building a computer,so I don;t really know what I am doing just yet. :p 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 7:15:08 PM

I am not an AMD specialist, I am not the most knowlegable in thier products so I don't really know how well that processor would do. So I can't really say but you will need other people to help you becuase i don't much about the amd cpus, platforms,chipsets and other stuff like that. I just know that for between 1500-1800 you can get a killer i7 Intel build (If you with the i7, then i can help you out).
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 9:26:16 PM

u could go AMD but it won't give u the quality ur looking for.

but actually you would only trail behind by about 5-10 FPS
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 9:48:10 PM

Actually Crysis tend to run better on AMD's. Or was that Crysis Warhead...

Anyway, when I was lucky enough to own an HD 5850 for a short time before it started displaying gunk on my screen, it ran Crysis on very high settings, with 4xAA at a steady 40+ fps. That was with a 940 BE @ 3.6ghz and ddr2 memory.

I'd benchmark it but unfortunately I don't have the card still...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 9:57:03 PM

what happenned?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 10:03:19 PM

It wasn't great when I got it and it got worse when I tried to push it's performance envelope.

It didn't actually crash much during gaming, it just started showing weird artifacts on screen at very random intervals. I even overclocked it to 5870 speeds with no issues except the random artifacts.

Anyway, the RMA was accepted immediately but the lack of stock has left me stuck on the igp. I've been offered my money back but I'm in no hurry. I have considered getting two 5770's instead, or maybe just going for a 5870...though there aren't actually any of those in stock either :p 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2009 10:13:11 PM

5870.better

the OP what did u need help on again?
m
0
l
November 12, 2009 1:09:53 PM

2005198,13,396907 said:
5870.better

the OP what did u need help on again?[/quo

I just want to know what kind of processor will be needed to run crysis on max, or close to max settings, with a good frame rate. I hear the intel i5 and i7's would do the trick, but I was thinking about going the AMD route, ir possible.
m
0
l
!