Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cannot find BIOS for Foxconn RS780 MB

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2010 10:25:05 PM

Just bought a refurb Gateway DX4200-09 with the follwing mainboard:

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Shared/4006272R/4...

The BIOS version that came on the computer was American Megatrends Inc. 7B3P091G - Release Date 8/6/2008

The latest (and only) BIOS version that is available from Gateway's support website was American Megatrends Inc. 7B3P081G - Release Date 5/5/2008

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?...(Bengal)%20RS780%20Motherboard%20BIOS%20Update&&uid=258285021&uid=258285031

I (mistakenly) assumed that the version from Gateway's website was the latest version and proceeded to download and install it. Now, after realizing my mistake, I’d need to re-flash the MB to the original version that it came with (7B3P091G 8/6/2008) but have run into a brick wall trying to find it.

What I’ve done so far:

1. Emailed and chatted with Gateway support – both tech reps said they had no record of the newer version of the BIOS and that the one on their support site was the only one they had. Referred me to contact CS @ Revonate.com.

2. Called Revonate.com – Said they did not know about the newer version of the BIOS and said that’s how it came from the factory. Referred me to the Gateway support page for the motherboard. No help there.

3. Emailed American Megatrends Inc – Said that the BIOS was modified by Gateway and they no longer have support or even the rights to it. Refereed me to Foxconn.

4. Emailed Foxconn (they manufactured the board specifically for Gateway). No reply yet.

So here I am trying to track down the BIOS version that was originally on my motherboard and now after accidently down-grading it to a previous version, the newer version is nowhere to be found!
Does anyone know where to find the American Megatrends Inc. 7B3P091G - Release Date 8/6/2008 BIOS? Can anyone else confirm that they have this same BIOS or even know what was fixed with this release? Please help! Thanks.

On a side note, I am going to be downgrading the OS to XP Home (I know, I know….W7 is free – but I like XP)..wondering if anyone had any experience with a program called DriverAgent to find all the XP drivers for my hardware?

a c 78 V Motherboard
January 30, 2010 1:19:28 AM

Just a thought: I googled "American Megatrends Inc. 7B3P091G" and found several forums where posters had that BIOS in their diagnostics. Maybe you could ask them to copy the file and email it you.
Score
January 30, 2010 3:33:34 AM

Hmm, never thought of that..didn't even know that was possible. I'd really like to know what the difference between the two BIOS actually is! I'm so fed up with gateway telling me over and over that the only BIOS is the OLD one on their support site.
Score
Related resources
January 30, 2010 2:51:08 PM

ljbrandt said:
Hmm, never thought of that..didn't even know that was possible. I'd really like to know what the difference between the two BIOS actually is! I'm so fed up with gateway telling me over and over that the only BIOS is the OLD one on their support site.

Hello,

http://www.torrentreactor.net has 7B3P091G bios download
Score
January 30, 2010 4:02:08 PM

Are you joking? If not, do you have a link to the direct download, b/c torrent reactor is full of fake files tricking you into signing up for something.
Score
January 30, 2010 4:44:12 PM

ljbrandt said:
Are you joking? If not, do you have a link to the direct download, b/c torrent reactor is full of fake files tricking you into signing up for something.

I was not aware that you had to sign up to download . when I searched for the bios that is the site that came up
I don't anything about fake files. When I typed the file name into their search I was directed to the down load site and I and was denide because I was not a member. If this is a bad resource I was unaware of it.
Score
March 25, 2010 8:05:44 PM

Do you still need the bios? I've got a dx4200-09 with the original firmware.
Score
March 31, 2010 10:20:20 AM

degraw said:
Do you still need the bios? I've got a dx4200-09 with the original firmware.

i hav the sam exact problem and need this bios file. my email is coirnbdfog1836@yahoo.com. please help me. i will be forever in your debt. i will never buy gateway again
Score
March 31, 2010 10:21:57 AM

i have the same exact problem and i need this bios file my email is corndog1836@yahoo.com. HELP!!!!
Score
August 6, 2010 1:29:47 AM

degraw said:
The link for the firmware is http://rapidshare.com/files/370444229/7B3P091G.ROM.html If it doesn't work or you need help getting the flashing software, let me know

Hello, I'm having the same issue and the rapidshare link is no longer up. Can you please repost this bios? Thank you.
Score
September 2, 2010 7:01:24 AM

I have a similar board (RS 780 on a gateway) but my BIOS version # is 87IP011G. Same release date too... would this update work for me? Last posted link isn't working either.
Score
September 3, 2010 8:19:10 PM

Well, I'll try to reupload it. If any one knows a way to permanently uploading it, please tell me. As far as the update working for you, I have no idea. From my limited technical knowledge I might suggest backing up your current bios, then flashing the new. If it doesn't work flash the original back on, but I don't recommend flashing the bios all the time. I say, if what you have works, keep what you have.
Score

Best solution

September 28, 2010 9:20:39 PM

Finally got the internet again. If you still need the bios I just reploaded it, and downloaded it from http://rapidshare.com/files/422022624/BIOS_Backup.ROM If it still doesn't work, may God have mercy on your soul.
July 26, 2012 4:45:51 AM

I hate to be the guy that bumps a two year old thread, but I made the same mistake as the people above me and flashed the older BIOS (7B3P081G - Release Date 5/5/2008)from Gateway's website. I did not make a backup of the BIOS already in my computer thinking it would be older than the one Gateway had posted on their site. Won't ever make that mistake again.

All the links in this thread have expired so if anyone could reupload bios 7B3P091G - Release Date 8/6/2008 I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you in advance.

Roger
Score
August 2, 2012 12:59:46 AM

I emailed tech support at revonate.com (the company that renovated/resold the computer) and they gave me the original BIOS. I uploaded the file to file dropper so I hope this link works:

http://www.filedropper.com/dx4200-09-bios

Hope this helps!
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 2, 2012 3:52:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
August 12, 2012 6:48:20 AM

Best answer selected by ljbrandt.
Score
!