ASUS P5N72-T Premium 780i

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
I'm planning to change my current computer's Mobo because it has only 1 PCI-E X 16 and I installed it roughly which caused some scartches. My computer had being restarting without the BSOD even when i turned off the restart itself check box. The new motherboard, I wanted to change is the 780i Mobo because it has a lot more PCI-E 16 so i can have SLI. I was wondering if there was history of problems with the mobo, like restarting, freezing, and other problem it will have. Or things that i need to install that are not mention to that keeps it stable or setting in BIOS that I need to change specifically(not really good at settings). If this Mobo isnt that great....can you suggest any other Mobo which allows duo/tri SLI.

My specs:
MB: Asus P5Q (current)
CPU : Q6700
Ram: Cosair dominator pc8500 2x2gb
PSU: Cosair 650w
GPU: Evga 9800GTX+

PS: Previous problem that i fixed with the computer was that i change the PSU plug somewhere else (too much things plug in one), change the ram's voltage from auto to 2.1v. Install 8000 series driver which EVGA recommended me to install instead of 9000series driver. All restarts only occur during gaming like fallout3, left4dead.

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Restarts can be caused by cpu overheating or graphics overheating. What are your cpu and gpu temps during prime 95??

I personally would stay away from Nvidia XXXi chipsets. They seem to be nothing but a problem. Get a Intel chipset.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128371
If you haven't or don't use Nvidia Chipsets don't make statements you can't backup with facts, I have several ASUS boards with Nvidia Chipsets and have had no problems with them. Your problem sounds like a power problem.

+1 [:jaydeejohn:5]

True that, I have an Nvidia chipset as well and to this date I have yet to see 1 flaw.....