Memory: 2x 2GB Dual Crucial Ballistix 800MHz DDR2 4-4-4-12
Video: XFX nVidia GeForce 9400GT 550M 512MB DDR2
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1 GHz
PSU: Topower 650w
CPU Cooler: GeminII S
GigaN Router: D-Link DIR-655
Wireless PCI NIC: Linksys WMP54GS

WTF! I feel a sledge hammer comeing on!
Still Trying to get this rig working./week2 past 4 days on this alone.
Been trying to get a connection to internet. Been trying everything install, uninstall, upgrade, downgrade,start, restart, remove net security, switched NIC with known working one, you name it, nothing works either wired or wireless.
At best all I get is a message little or no connectivity, or no wireless networks detected. With old rig, same card and router could at least find the neighbors. Is there some setting in bios I dont know about.

hdshiftyman

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
After a week of of frustration, turns out there was a setting or two in the router security was set way to high for it to see a new computer trying to connect. The most frustrateing part was I had 3 computers, 2 tivo's and a PS3 on a network that I couldnt fing through the new build. All working ant blazeing speeds. I would say thanks for the help but know one ever did. Prob solved.

raybob95

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

For me, a week after my first install of Vista it stopped recognizing Optical Drives and Internet connections. You know what I did? Spent 2 weeks trying to fix it, even buying a new Card, then re-installing Vista, which fixed it! :na: