Help with a Samsung SIR S4120R

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 1, 2005 12:08:47 PM

Got hold of this TIVO unit and it seems to be unable to boot completely.
It gets to a screen that says " Welcome..........powering up" and then it
flips to another screen after a few mins another screen says it will be a
few more seconds, but that is as far as it gets.
I do not know if this is a HDD/OS issue or a problem with the circuit board.
Can someone shed some light on this for me please.

REPLY TO: adcnw(at)cloud9(dot)net

More about : samsung sir s4120r

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
April 3, 2005 1:20:42 AM

Dre wrote:
> Got hold of this TIVO unit and it seems to be unable to boot completely.
> It gets to a screen that says " Welcome..........powering up" and then it
> flips to another screen after a few mins another screen says it will be a
> few more seconds, but that is as far as it gets.

That's the typical symptom of a disk problem. Get a new hard disk.
-Joe
!