Sign in with
Your question

Asus Crosshair 3 Sound Card Problem?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2010 11:06:42 PM

I was wanting to know if anyone has done this and how to fix it. I just built a system using an asus crosshair 3 formula motherboard and went with the fatality x-fi titanium soundcard using windows 7 64 pro.

I put the soundcard in disabled the onboard sound on the mobo, windows told me the fatality card software is incompatible with the card. I exchanged the fatality in the card that came with the mobo and no sound. Do I have to leave the card that came with the board out and use another slot for the fatality card?

Thanks for the help in advanced this site is a great source of information.
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2010 11:20:34 PM

Not sure what you're asking,,,"exchanged the fatality in the card that came with the mobo"?????

Did you check Creative's web site for updated drivers?
m
l
January 30, 2010 3:16:22 AM

I exchaged it but, it is not working> Do I need to leave the top slot empty and install it in one of the other two?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2010 12:32:21 PM

According to Creative, that card can go in the x1, x4, x8 or x 16 PCI-E slot. I don't know your exact MB model, but assume you have two x16 slots.

Again, did you check to see if Creatiive has updated drivers for Windows 7 64 bit?
m
l
February 7, 2010 2:34:58 AM

You need to uninstall the card from the device manager, shut your pc off, and then remove the xfi card completely from the board and (do not put it back in the chasis). Restart your pc, don't do anything else, let it boot up completely, then shut it off again. Now you can install your new sound card, start you pc and go to the creative web site and use their auto-detect tool to get the correct drivers for your configuration, download and you should be good to go.
m
l
!