300$ Monitor, 2209WA? /Schoolwork and browsing.

corporal Clegg

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Hello, and greetings from Norway!

I am, as you probably understood from Norway. Since we do not have a good forum for monitors, I decided that I should bring in expert assistance from you :love:

This will i use the monitor for

Schoolwork; mainly twriting, but some simple graphic work.
Browsing the Web
Much diskusjon.no (Big norwegian forum) :sol:
Somtimes gaming, but only strategy.
A few movies.

I had hoped to dont exeed 300$, since I'm not going to game / use it for graphic work.

I've looked at the 2209WA, and had actually decided to buy it, but:

- Read somwere (proabebly here) that PVA/MVA was much better for office use due to higher contrast? 2209WA uses an IPS panel, is this good enough (better than a TN)?

- I can't find 2209WA at dell.com, is it beeing replaced by another product? If this is the case, is it worht waiting for?

- Are there any other monitors that can compete with 22019WA with bang for the bucks in mind?

I got an offer to buy the Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP for 300$, is it worth it?

Ivar

PS. The english i have written in this post is tragic, (translate.google.com :sarcastic: ) feel free to ask if there is somthing you dont understand!

I know there are a lot of posts about 2209WA, I have read them all, but i could not find a good enough ansfer

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
My dad has two Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. We both love them. I think i would go with that one instead of the 2209WA. your getting 2 extra inches, a lot more inputs, and full 1080p resolution. e

Only problem we have run in to is the resolution is so high if you have bad eye sight it is hard to read text. But you can fix that by zooming in.

The 2209 is awesome. As for the suggestion for the 2407? It's old (it's been replaced by the 2408), and the 2408 is out of the $300 budget. The 2209WA is amazing because it's fairly cheap for the incredible panel quality. I'd definitely recommend it over pretty much any other monitor in that price range.

corporal Clegg

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Thanks!

I got an offer to buy an (used) Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP for 300$, is it worth it?

- I can't find 2209WA at dell.com, is it beeing replaced by another product? If this is the case, is it worht waiting for?