Coolermaster hyper 212 cpu fan error

cjk813

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I recently overclocked my 1090t to 3.6 ghz, and decided to go with an aftermarket heatsink just to be safe. I chose the coolermaster hyper 212 based on reviews, and so far have been very happy with it. However, ever since I installed it i've gotten an error message saying cpu fan error, press f1 to continue. I know the heatsink is working as my temps under load never seem to go past 50c, and also because I can see the fan physically spinning. It's a much larger fan than the original heatsink, so i'm thinking it might be clocked lower and that may be the problem. I don't have any cooling problems, but i'd like know what can be done to fix this mild annoyance. Thank you.

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
fan not recognized by mobo( is say rare) or, as the other poster said, maybe you are plugged into power supply and not mobo? error msg's that you know to be incorrect are horrible! there was another post about this a while back( you'll never find it) but the guy was also having issues with his 212+ fan. he WAS plugged into mobo, but it registerd 0 rpm, even though temps were ok, and fan was spinning. sounds like what you have.

i have a different CM cooler, and my mobo reads 1900ish rpms for a few seconds, then 0 for 1 sec, then back up to 1900ish. i know my temps are fine, so i just chalk it up to things not being 100% compatible. only 99.999%