Sign in with
Your question

Help OCing my Geforce

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 27, 2009 10:07:37 PM

im running a geforce 7900 gs go in my dell e1705 laptop, i was wanting to oc it just a bit to get a few extra frames... the last time i ocd a gpu i used coolbits but i figured there is some better software or way of doing it now and wanted to see how i can get a lil more juice out of it

More about : ocing geforce

a b U Graphics card
August 27, 2009 10:26:35 PM

I'd recommend against it, being a laptop and all. They have but a minimal cooling system, and overclocking may definitely be much more harm than good.
m
l
August 28, 2009 12:56:25 AM

Yeah... don't. Overclocking on a laptop is much different than on a desktop. The laptop cannot move as much air as a desktop (obviously) and cannot distribute as much power as flexible as a PC. Advice- either upgrade the laptop, or buy a new one. If you OC you're either going to make it crash or fry.
m
l
Related resources
August 28, 2009 1:07:47 AM

k figured that oh well guess ill just have to save up money :( 
m
l
August 29, 2009 12:20:07 AM

well iv decided to oc it just a bit 25-30 hz at most, but prolly around 20... but i cant get coolbits or nvtweak to work... it puts the reg file into regedit but it wont show up in the control panel any help?
m
l
August 29, 2009 6:38:33 AM

slong said:
well iv decided to oc it just a bit 25-30 hz at most, but prolly around 20... but i cant get coolbits or nvtweak to work... it puts the reg file into regedit but it wont show up in the control panel any help?

It might not work with Laptop GPUS. The software can tell, try Rivia tuner if you're so desperate (but not my advice to OC in the first place).
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 10:34:06 AM

keep your laptop and save up to build a desktop for gaming. a decent desktop computer for gaming can be built for as low as $300 and a similar laptop would probably cost about a grand.
m
l
August 30, 2009 7:21:21 PM

well i looked up safe temps and my gpu is running about 20 degrees shy of any real danger and its ocd about 100Hz atm. my pc is right under the ac vent so the desk it sits on its super cold 24/7 helps keep my temps down lol.. but im not going any higher on the oc though cause the card becomes unstable but im happy to say it sqeezed a few more frames out for me lol! woot
m
l
!