What Cooler to get for Phenom II x6 1100T

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hey guys

I've using my stock cooler for some time now, since the day I bought my processor the fan has become progressively more and more noisy.
At the moment I keep an external fan pointing at my open case as the second it's turned off the Stock Cooler will instantly spin faster and faster till it's screams at me!

I bought a 120mm Fan for the side case but still reaches 60-65C under heavy load.

The question I'm asking you guys is simple, What Cooler should I get and why?

-Cooling Power
-Fairly Quiet
-Preferably black in colour

Outside: http://i55.tinypic.com/j6h73p.jpg
Inside: http://i51.tinypic.com/2iawv1f.jpg

Thanks in Advance. -Johnny

The thermaltake frio has problems related to noise and cooling, i would exclude it away, and the zalman is a bit old style and not effective .

Hyper 212+ is great for both overclockers and non-overclockers, it's the best ever for a good performance and best price...

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
First of all I would like to thank you for your replies, The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is usually my style when it comes to buying computer parts BANG FOR BUCK!

But I have to say, I've fallen in love with the Thermaltake Frio as my Motherboard is Quad Xfire Ready and I plan to upgrade to a couple of AMD 7000 series in the future meaning I would have a black and red theme to fit.

Building a computer around visual appearance may be a little silly, but I can't stand the thought of someone visiting my house and not seeing the work and pride I put into my PC.

tahayassen

Distinguished
May 5, 2010

/facepalm

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

I didn't think these kind of forums attracted such childish behaviour..

After a little research of the bad cooling and research of the Thermaltake Frio and ilysaml's last post slipping through before I replied.
I am now at square one, what cpu cooler do I get?

Now it's confirmed the quality of the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is extremely high for the price you pay, however I would really like to achieve the most stable 4GHz over-clock on my 1100T as possible. I don't mind spending up to about £50.

surely there are some push pull air solutions of better quality than the Coolermaster Hyper 212+

if you're going t o overclock 24/7 then you need the CoolerMaster V6GT or any of the Corsair water cooling Hydro series...
when i overclock my 1055T to 4.0 GHz i get 30C IDLE and 64C in full load, that's the Core temp. the CPU temp goes from 40C IDLE and up to 75C full load.

the thermaltake frio specially has some issues related to the contact between the CPU and the heatsink itself and the noise of the fan in both IDLE and load times

so if you see that those temps with the Hyper 212+ are fine ...just go with it
if you want that decrease by 10 degrees so go with the V6GT or any other strong air cooler

tahayassen

Distinguished
May 5, 2010

Sorry about that. I take it back. I didn't mean it to come off that way.

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

Temps are great, I do not doubt it's the best Cooler in it's price range, which is why I WILL get one, do you know what the best 120mm Quiet fan/fans to push pull is?
I was thinking of using the spare cash to buy exhaust fans for the case instead, I need a couple of good quality 140mm Blue LED fans if you have any ideas.

Don't worry about it, Performance > Appearance anyday, but I'd love to hit 2 birds with one stone if it's possible!

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

Thank you for your patience, I'm rather impressed with Cooler master Hyper 212+ and 2x 140mm CM Coolermaster LED fans!
I'm only going to over-clock during the winter, least I'll have a healthy silent system for the rest of the year :)

steelninja

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

I have the same CPU and Ram as you but I am using a Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro let me just warn you DONT BUY THAT COOLER.....
It's lame I have only just found out how overclocking works on my motherboard due to some confusion about the CPU overvoltage setting (I thought that all the settings were overvoltage) Turned out they weren't and I was massively undervolting it lol.
So now I have my 1100t up to 3.7 Ghz which is the highest I have had it co's before I couldn't go over 3.6 Ghz co's of the undervoltage thing..
well I haven't tested it with prime or anything but it now at least boots and runs at 3.7 Ghz but my temps are worrying 34 to 36 degrees Idle and 55 while playing mass effect 3 probably OK but wouldn't want to see what temps I'd get if I ran prime...
I am looking to get to 4.0 Ghz but I am not keen on going any higher or even running my system at 3.7 Ghz with this cooler
If anyone can tell me if I'm being over cautious I'd be pleased to hear co's the guy a few posts up was happy with his at 64 degrees core temp On full load and 75 on the CPU so maybe I am being over cautious but really don't want to fry my CPU
Good luck with finding your best cooler and any advice on mine would be appreciated

PreyTheSun

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
I only ask this because I have no idea how to tell....

My case is an Antec Six Hundred Black case....would anyone know if a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fit nicely?

I OC'ed my X6 1100T to 3.7MHz, 1.45V, safely with my stock heatsink and fan and can't go above that without crashing it. I tried 4.0MHz, 1.45V and it blue screens all the time.

It's cheap enough ($35 on Newegg) so I wouldn't mind buying it if it fits. It's just HUGE! I have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB, with plenty of room in my case, all the wires tapped off and tied.