Roaming with T-Mobile?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 28, 2005 3:53:16 AM

Does Cingular have roaming agreement(s) with T-Mobile? If so, anyone know if
that agreement is for the entire T-Mobile network, or only for certain
towers/areas?

T-Mobile's website shows "street level" coverage maps . . . The area I am
planning on travelling to does not appear to be covered on Cingular's
coverage maps, but T-Mobile shows that area is covered.

Thanks!

More about : roaming mobile

February 28, 2005 10:23:40 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:53:16 -0600, "Chad" <en4rcer@excite.com> wrote:

>T-Mobile's website shows "street level" coverage maps . . . The area I am
>planning on travelling to does not appear to be covered on Cingular's
>coverage maps, but T-Mobile shows that area is covered.

Well, since you don't indicate where that is it's anyone's guess now
isn't it?

February 28, 2005 12:34:14 PM

OK, I'll "jump through your hoops" on this one . . .

I'm planning a trip to Williamson, WV in the near future.

Sorry for any confusion, Joseph! :)

I'm also still wondering if Cingular has roaming agreements with T-Mobile,
in general, as well.

(If anyone else can help, feel free to jump in!)

"Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o qd621lm9b7bopbh68dakgcelbmtbs8rl0@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:53:16 -0600, "Chad" <en4rcer@excite.com> wrote:
>
>>T-Mobile's website shows "street level" coverage maps . . . The area I am
>>planning on travelling to does not appear to be covered on Cingular's
>>coverage maps, but T-Mobile shows that area is covered.
>
> Well, since you don't indicate where that is it's anyone's guess now
> isn't it?

February 28, 2005 4:49:01 PM

Chad Wrote:
> OK, I'll "jump through your hoops" on this one . . .
>
> I'm planning a trip to Williamson, WV in the near future.
>
> Sorry for any confusion, Joseph! :)
>
> I'm also still wondering if Cingular has roaming agreements with
> T-Mobile,
> in general, as well.
>
> (If anyone else can help, feel free to jump in!)
>

> "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o qd621lm9b7bopbh68dakgcelbmtbs8rl0@4ax.com...
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:53:16 -0600, "Chad" <en4rcer@excite.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >>T-Mobile's website shows "street level" coverage maps . . . The area
> I am
> >>planning on travelling to does not appear to be covered on
> Cingular's
> >>coverage maps, but T-Mobile shows that area is covered.
> >
> > Well, since you don't indicate where that is it's anyone's guess now
> > isn't it?
> >
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cingular no longer uses T-mobiles towers. They terminated the
agreement about 10 months ago.

--
scott14661
March 1, 2005 2:32:51 AM

In article <scott14661.1l6ja0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
scott14661.1l6ja0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net says...

> Chad Wrote:
> > OK, I'll "jump through your hoops" on this one . . .
> >
> > I'm planning a trip to Williamson, WV in the near future.
> >
> > Sorry for any confusion, Joseph! :)
> >
> > I'm also still wondering if Cingular has roaming agreements with
> > T-Mobile,
> > in general, as well.
> >
> > (If anyone else can help, feel free to jump in!)
> >

> > "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:o qd621lm9b7bopbh68dakgcelbmtbs8rl0@4ax.com...

> > I am
> > Cingular's
> > >
> > > Well, since you don't indicate where that is it's anyone's guess now
> > > isn't it?
> > >
> > > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > >

> Cingular no longer uses T-mobiles towers. They terminated the
> agreement about 10 months ago.

Different thing. To answer the original question--yes Cingular in
general still allows roaming onto T-Mobile towers that are OUTSIDE
native Cingular GSM coverage. I was roaming fine on TM about 2 weeks
ago.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

> Cingular no longer uses T-mobiles towers. They terminated the
> agreement about 10 months ago.

That's not 100% true. I was in Minnesota about a month or two ago, and
I was romaing on T-Mobile along I-90, right up until I picked up "USA
590" (Western Wireless/Cellular One).

Maybe it depends on the area...such as roaming on T-Mobile is only
permitted in markets where Cingular currently does not operate.

TH
!