pause game and exit to desktop (mac)

in sims 1 you were able to pause the game and exit to your desktop with
the sims still going in the background while you read your email or
looked something up on the internet. is there some way to do this now?
i know you can pause it but i can't seem to put it in the background so
i can do other things without quitting the sims.

thanks!

moochachanyc@mac.com wrote:
> in sims 1 you were able to pause the game and exit to your desktop
> with the sims still going in the background while you read your email
> or looked something up on the internet. is there some way to do this
> now? i know you can pause it but i can't seem to put it in the
> background so i can do other things without quitting the sims.

I don't know if you can do it on a mac, but on a PC you can press Alt+Tab to
switch between progs/windows, maybe there's a similar thing on macs.

Betty wrote:
> I have a "windows symbol" button that I hit to go to
> my desktop.

By any chance do you mean the 'start' button, between Ctrl and Alt? Yeah
that would do it, but IIRC macs dont have an equivalent to a start button,
or at least they didnt when I last used one.

Betty

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> Betty wrote:
>> I have a "windows symbol" button that I hit to go to
>> my desktop.
>
> By any chance do you mean the 'start' button, between Ctrl and Alt?
> Yeah that would do it, but IIRC macs dont have an equivalent to a
> start button, or at least they didnt when I last used one.

Yes, that's it. LOL

Apparently her keyboard is like mine, that button has the windows symbol on
it :)

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> Betty wrote:
>> I have a "windows symbol" button that I hit to go to
>> my desktop.
>
> By any chance do you mean the 'start' button, between Ctrl and Alt? Yeah
> that would do it, but IIRC macs dont have an equivalent to a start button,
> or at least they didnt when I last used one.

Betty

I thought all keyboards had it. They don't??

> Apparently her keyboard is like mine, that button has the windows
> symbol on it :)
>
> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
>> Betty wrote:
>>> I have a "windows symbol" button that I hit to go to
>>> my desktop.
>>
>> By any chance do you mean the 'start' button, between Ctrl and Alt?
>> Yeah that would do it, but IIRC macs dont have an equivalent to a
>> start button, or at least they didnt when I last used one.

Apparently not, or sometimes after major use the symbol wears off, lmao!

Betty wrote:
> I thought all keyboards had it. They don't??

I'm not sure about American keyboards but in the UK normal Qwerty keyboards
have 105 keys, then you can get 102s without the 2 start buttons or the menu
button IIRC, then 108s with sleep, wake up, and power, then 109s with some
button to the right of the right shift, but I'm not sure what it does.

Betty

> Apparently not, or sometimes after major use the symbol wears off,
> lmao!

LMAO too!!!

Betty

>> Apparently not, or sometimes after major use the symbol wears off, lmao!
>>
> LMAO too!!!
>
> Betty

I've had it happen before, or seen it rather. Ex-boyfriend used to have
them wear off, then he would get upset at a game and pound his keyboard,
knocking keys everywhere. Course, that was a black keyboard with white
letters too, so might be different. But it's really fun trying to get the
keys back in place when there isn't anything on the keys, lol.

"Betty" <eljbdj@alorva.com> wrote in message
>I thought all keyboards had it. They don't??

Older keyboards don't have the Windows key. There are surely some brands out
there that omit it.