Cooler Master Scout two front lights

chicago30

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I have two red lights on the front. Only the right one is on and it stays on.

Which is my Activity light and why is is the right one solid red?

Thanks you.

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
The right LED is your Power on indecator, it should be on when the computer is powered on. The left LED is your HDD Activity LED, should come on when your HDD is being accessed.

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
ah you mixed up the positive and negative terminals of the LED, just turn it around and it will work.

Also just check the you have connected it to the correct pins on your motherboard.

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
oh before i forget...
Be sure to turn your computer off before fiddleing on the inside...
I only say this because in the past i have met people that didn't do it and blamed me for not telling them to...

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
The fans that come with the Scout have molex power connectors... in other words, they just receive power... not a signal from your motherboard/computer that is able to regulate the fan speeds.

I have a Scout and found the fan noise to be very tolerable. If you want to control the fan speeds, I think you'll either need to switch out the fans or be looking for some adapters that allow them to feed off the motherboard.

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=3317

I have ABSOLUTELY no clue if that thing works like it should... I don't know of anyone that has used one, but that would allow you to plug your molex fans into your motherboard.