Sign in with
Your question

Overclock i7920 Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Last response: in Overclocking
September 29, 2011 11:20:59 PM

Hello, my name is Franco, im from Argentina. Im iSeries/ i5 AS400 Administrator, im good with that but not for overclocking.

First of all, sorry about my english writing.

Could anybody tell me the exactly configuration to overclock (not risky but yes the best performance) my PC please? Please step by step if its posible, im too noob in overclocking area.

my specs:
CPU: I7 920 Bloomfield
CPU FAN: Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe v2
Ram: 24gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blue 1600mhz (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) cooler hyperx kingston
GPU: Sapphire Radeon Vapor 4890 2gb DDR5
HDD:4tb in RAID0 (two WD Black)
PSU: Vitsuba SAN-85-S 850W
CASE: thermaltake Soprano RS

i appreciate any help at all

I watched this tutorial on youtube and now i have the same configuration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2AwFZ15JU

I Left same CPUz and realtemp print screens below

Thank you very much

Franco

WITHOUT OVERCLOCK (all in AUTO mode or DEFAULT mode)

WITH OVERCLOCK

Bye bye
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 12:06:40 AM

First, if the first screen shot is where the computer is at right now, PLEASE go into the BIOS and set optimized defaults, save and exit.

The last screen shot shows your running mid 50's c when idle at stock speed. PLEASE watch your temps and stress test to see if your cooling can even handle "STOCK" speed.

Last, but not least, read a few overclocking guides to become familiar with your BIOS entries so you have an idea of whats going on, makes the process a lot smoother and less risky.
m
l
September 30, 2011 3:21:26 AM

Hi RJR, i put another printscreen of my pc in mode auto or BIOS default. Could you help me please?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 3:33:02 AM

Don't know what your asking, do you want someone to go over every step of overclocking with you to do it the correct way? This would be a massively LONG thread and would take many weeks of my time.

Start at the beginning and read a few guides, stress test at stock and go from there.

m
l
September 30, 2011 3:02:03 PM

RJR said:
Don't know what your asking, do you want someone to go over every step of overclocking with you to do it the correct way? This would be a massively LONG thread and would take many weeks of my time.

Start at the beginning and read a few guides, stress test at stock and go from there.

OK, thank you.
m
l
!