firedrake125

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
In my BIOS all the voltages like the 12v and 3.3v all read about where they should be but after windows loads up theyre all lower then the BIOS shows. No matter what monitoring program i use theyre all lower except the 5v one. The 3.3V is at 3.1V and the 12V is at 11.49V. Ive also noticed that the Vcore for the CPU drops from 1.42V to 1.36V when im playing a game or running prime95. My psu is fine as its only about a month old and its an OCZ StealthXStream 700 Watt psu. I've also tested the psu on another comp and all the voltages check out on that comp.

Edit: My Motherboard is an Asus P4S800

uwave101

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Sounds like basic ohms law. The voltage will decrease under load due to wire/trace resistance. Maybe the wire connectors are dirty or the wire is just too thin. If it is not the PSU, then it could be traces on the motherboard that are too thin.
I know, not much help.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

also as components age they get less efficient at doing their job properly. the p4s800 is around 5-6 years old

to make it worse it runs on a SIS chipset ( really not the best ).

check your board for a capacitor which has leaked - capacitors are one of the reasons this could happen

firedrake125

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Capactiors are all good trust me i check it regularly due to its age =P I'm hoping when I can collect some money to just overhaul the whole rig with new stuff but itll have to suffice for now. Its pretty solid for its age aswell its survived multiple power outages/surges, had water spilled on it, gotten bumped around like no end and its still kickin' :D