Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

P4M900-M7 crash with win 7

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Crash
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 30, 2010 1:46:29 PM

I have a BIOSTAR P4M900-M7 motherboard with the latest bios installed 02/24/09
I have that same model motherboard running with Windows XP with no problems
The current system has a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate
It looks like when the Windows goes into power save mode it crashes
After waking the pc Windows has a message that says it had a blue screen and needs to restart

More about : p4m900 crash win

April 20, 2011 1:54:35 AM

dhassett63 said:
I have a BIOSTAR P4M900-M7 motherboard with the latest bios installed 02/24/09
I have that same model motherboard running with Windows XP with no problems
The current system has a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate
It looks like when the Windows goes into power save mode it crashes
After waking the pc Windows has a message that says it had a blue screen and needs to restart



I have the same problem. The blue screen gives a message about the IRQ settings. I downloaded the latest BIOS update from BIOSTAR and it seems it can't be applied because the date of the firmware doesn't change. ¿How did you get that BIOS update?

Cesar.
m
0
l
April 27, 2011 10:55:06 AM

cruano said:
I have the same problem. The blue screen gives a message about the IRQ settings. I downloaded the latest BIOS update from BIOSTAR and it seems it can't be applied because the date of the firmware doesn't change. ¿How did you get that BIOS update?

Cesar.

Goto All control Panel Options
Under Power Options
Select Balanced
Under the "Balanced Options"
Select under
"Put the Computer to Sleep'
Select Never
After I changed this the computer stopped crashing
It mus be some conflict with the BIOSTAR Power management and windows 7
m
0
l
May 13, 2011 3:56:59 AM

dhassett63 said:
Goto All control Panel Options
Under Power Options
Select Balanced
Under the "Balanced Options"
Select under
"Put the Computer to Sleep'
Select Never
After I changed this the computer stopped crashing
It mus be some conflict with the BIOSTAR Power management and windows 7


Thanks. It did work fine but finally i got the BIOS flashed using the Biostar utility. I guess a combination of both worked for me. I ran some diagnostics and found that IRQ routing table was corrupt. I don't know if such corruption was made by a DIMM memtest86 found bad.

Regards,

Cesar.
m
0
l
!