Overclocking a Q9550 on an Intel DP45SG Motherboard

Aneesh@4GHz

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
If u use softwares for oc ur processor ,The software will ask for pll,I think most of the softwares doesnot have intel motherboard pll's

What is a PLL:http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/28

salesselas

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Hum. I tried the ntune nvidia but it complained about it being an Intel MB. So...It seems that jsc (in a simultaneous private conversation we had) was right when he indicated that I would just have to learn the BIOS. Once I get my other project working right I will go back and do that. Thank You Both for your comments and trying to help. I do appreciate it.

Update. Intel has some software for doing this but it only works on "Extreme Edition" boards. Problem is that the jerks let you go thorough the whole process, download, install and only then do they tell you that your board does not qualify. :fou:

Anyway, the DP45SG does not qualify -- even though it says "Extreme Series" on the box.. Makes me quite angry with them. :na:

kelly_jack

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

kelly_jack

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
The overclock utility that came with the DP45SG only worked in Vista. They never made a version of that program that worked on the DP45SG in Windows 7. The utility actually was very easy to use, it's a shame they never updated it to work with W7 and this board.

The only option is to mess with the BIOS. I've had good luck and am currently running at 3527MHz- FSB at 415MHz. I use the Intel Burn Test and Prime 95 to test stability and it has been rock solid since I built it in 2009.