Sign in with
Your question

Tom's Watercooling Build Logs

Last response: in Overclocking
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 6:15:57 PM

Hey everyone-

Just had an idea of how to collect and maintain all of our build logs, etc. into a single location- HERE! In this sticky.

The way I'd like to do this, is to maybe include 1-2 brief sentences on your build and perhaps a photo and then link your build guide here. That way, we have a single go-to resource for info that doesn't clutter up the forum.

Also, if you are listed in the WC club gallery...link your build log there and here for the gallery pics, as well...I'd like to see if we can get links between the WC gallery pics and the build logs for those users so people can see pics and jump between the two stickies, but still keep them clean and separate.

a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 6:32:43 PM

Build Log - Project Colorblind.

This was my first build log, and is essentially a GPU-CPU loop w/ one 3x120mm radiator and one 2x120mm radiator. I fit most of the components into a mid-tower case, but put the radiators in a wooden rad-box underneath.

Here is the link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267589-29-build-proje...
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 7:32:02 PM

Psycho Rider, still in progress but getting back underway :) 
Two T-Virus resses are going at the front on top, not got them yet though due to meh.....

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...
I'll post a link to it in the gallery when its finished so as not to break that threads rules
**T-Virus resses on route from the states, not long now hehe 15/10/11**
Moto
Related resources
a c 78 K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 7:34:18 PM

Here are my build's - don't have a name for them...yet :) 

Rig 1

Rig 2

* will have a new rig soon - though just waiting for the TJ08-E case to arrive.
Cheers! ~ to the folks posting and the one who was inspired to open this thread :) 
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2011 7:43:10 PM

you may want to include ,Name ,link and single pic (finish build)
congrats on new sticky rubix
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 1, 2011 6:47:47 PM

Lies! thats a great looking project so far,
throw a couple of pics in here, like the one with the 240 and psu in to confuse people :p 
Moto
October 7, 2011 11:07:41 PM

Just started this bad boy last night. No where near complete, as you can see I still need to finish the loop, mount pump, cable management etc.

Going to be adding a GPU block and a 200mm radiator when I get the parts (soonish hopefully).

It's my first loop so I'm playing around with it a lot. at the moment I have 2 noctua nf p12s in push/pull and then a single XSPC XINRUILIAN in pull

a c 190 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 1:29:42 AM

You taking it all back out to rinse when the tubing is done or flushing in situ?
Moto
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 2:03:58 AM

I love the look of white tubing...
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 4:31:39 PM

^ I knew it...
October 9, 2011 12:22:05 AM

I've cleaned everything apart from the cpu block, I think i'll take it out to clean it
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 11, 2011 7:14:36 PM

Aleckazee said:
I've cleaned everything apart from the cpu block, I think i'll take it out to clean it

Well, this is rather random...
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 15, 2011 3:05:34 PM

I think He's responding to my question,
I just wondered if he was ripping it all out to flush or if he was leaving it in place,
I approve of the taking it out option, well, I'm jealous because thats not going to be an option for me lol :p 
Moto
October 15, 2011 4:27:00 PM

As I just finished my rig one week ago and yet also the leak testing (one week must be enough I think to get sure it's all proof), here is my contribution:

a c 190 K Overclocking
October 15, 2011 4:49:10 PM

one week must be enough I think to get sure it's all proof**

get used to examining the loop as a habit, you'll notice potential leaks sooner :) 
Looks pretty good though, I like the Qdc's through the floor panel/separator
Moto
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 15, 2011 5:35:03 PM

Whunys said:
As I just finished my rig one week ago and yet also the leak testing (one week must be enough I think to get sure it's all proof), here is my contribution:

]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5795/casec.th.jpg

Very nice! I'm looking at getting an 800D but I'll need a place to put my 120x2 rad on the bottom. Think that's doable?
October 15, 2011 6:38:44 PM

Quote:
I like the Qdc's through the floor panel/separator

Thanks, got the idea from a rig I saw on youtube and found it looks good :)  .
Quote:
get used to examining the loop as a habit

I do it at least once a week when cleaning the dust from the case and have a daily global look on it to go sure, but as I said if it had to leak it would have allready happened (I think).
Quote:
need a place to put my 120x2 rad on the bottom

Like Moto said, Manzooka did it he also shows how he did it in his original post.
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 1:44:21 AM

I forgot that this sticky existed :D 

My Raven RV02 is my first watercooling attempt, and everything went pretty smoothly. The motivation was mostly doing it because most people don't/say it can't be. Definitely could've afforded a HAF X or 800D, but I bought a dremel instead ;) 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267276-29-completed-1...

a c 190 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 6:25:34 PM

Yup, when people say 'you can't do that' or 'that wont work' it just makes me find the way to do it,
how else can you hope to progress?
Moto
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 25, 2011 9:35:53 PM

I'm in the middle of putting my rad in the front of my Antec 902... it's going to be interesting. Right now I'm just about ready to reconnect everything, just gotta get a few supplies to secure it all in place and finish it up. I'll definitely post pics when done. I'm kind of excited because I actually think in the future I could sandwich a second 220 rad in there, when I get my next GPU and WC it (in 2012).

I'm just debating now whether to buy a slim DVD drive or go without one, as I barely use it and my girlfriend has a USB DVD-RW.

I'm also saving around $350 by not buying a Silverstone TJ07B-W haha =P
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 25, 2011 9:47:35 PM

You just need a bigger hammer, that's all, bro.
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 26, 2011 2:28:35 PM

Too true! At least at work that always seems to do the trick.

I'm very nearly done, I was hoping to fill the loop last night but ran out of time. It's looking pretty damn slick though, definitely can't wait to finish it up. Securing the rad was a serious PITA, but it's in there pretty securely now thanks to zip ties and an L bracket. Definitely look forward to "showing it off" lol. My HDD placements are a tad unique.
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 28, 2011 7:04:43 AM

Looking good Mate, posted on there :) 
**Edit, just got a mail back from In Wins marketing Dept as I mailed them some pics and links,

"Hi, Moto

Thanks for your sharing, it is great to see our Dragon Rider turn into another beast !

Is this your first casemodding? Have you attended any competition, Bit-Tech they hold this kind of casemodding competition every year.

Please tell me more about yourself, maybe next time when you plan to attend competition, we can assist you by providing a right size case or PSU.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Nelly Hsieh
Marketing Department

Now if I can just persuade my local bestbuy to hold a modding comp......
:p 
Moto
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 28, 2011 2:29:03 PM

Wow Moto that is awesome!! Free stuff for the win
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 30, 2011 12:44:33 AM

Good work my friend! I'd love to get support and pump out built rigs for a supplier wanting high end water loop builds.
a c 100 K Overclocking
October 30, 2011 6:29:51 AM

That's cool dude. I'm trying to get a little side business going in selling PCs. I put up an ebay ad as well as kijiji but no buyers so far lol.
November 5, 2011 3:38:26 AM

manzooka said:
This is my first WC build. It's currently in progress using a slightly modified Corsair 800D. No pics worth showing just yet :) 

Edit: New Photo
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/551260/Build/build021.jpg

Build Log: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269332-29-build-800d-...

That is a very nice build. i have the 650d and im running a lame h60. not a bad cooler, but def. no were near a custom loop. Super props on your ALL black look. try coving the wires with black electrical tape so they dont appear in pics(yellow cords)
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 5, 2011 2:23:26 PM

Yeah fabric or gaffer's tape works well- and almost looks like sleeving if you take your time and do it right. Cheap and fast alternative to clean up some wiring.

Starting work on the new case this weekend...we'll see how it goes. :) 
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 5, 2011 3:08:53 PM

Look forward to it rubix, :) 
Moto
November 8, 2011 4:33:10 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-wide-TWO-Wiring-Loom-Har...
Fabric tape looks way better, Use duct tape to pin tight bends in place, then trim with the neat stuff :) 
Moto

wow ive never heard of fabric tape..looks ALOT better then electrical tape geez im an idiot now for posting that haha. Very nice looking and much more professional.
a c 125 K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 5:19:07 PM

Currently changing a few things in my loop so will be uploading some pics, perhaps a small build log or how to
a c 125 K Overclocking
November 9, 2011 8:14:55 PM

andrey64 said:
i bet that gpu block ran you a good amount

Yes indeed, £83 a pop.
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 9, 2011 8:25:58 PM

Yeah, drop a build log link and/or pics to the gallery once done. If you make a new build log, simply make a new thread and then link it here and in the gallery- and vice versa.
a c 125 K Overclocking
November 9, 2011 8:33:05 PM

Yeah will do once I'm managed to track down a few more bits and bobs. Really looking forward to it :D 
November 14, 2011 6:37:56 AM

WOW
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 14, 2011 12:48:02 PM

^ What's with the random 'wow'?
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 30, 2011 12:26:06 PM

:)  These kind of threads could potentially cause that reaction...
February 8, 2012 4:08:33 PM

manzooka said:
This is my first WC build. It's currently in progress using a slightly modified Corsair 800D. No pics worth showing just yet :) 

Edit: New Photo
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/551260/Build/build021.jpg

Build Log: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269332-29-build-800d-...

Thats some awesome stufff...where did you manage to get the gpu coolers?

I bought a bigwater 850i....but i don't really like it........didn't have much options here in SA
a c 190 K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 5:56:52 PM

Yuk, Bilgewater.....
you have the intermawebblez, noone deliver to you?
Rubix's cards are home to mcw60's, universal blocks that have done him through a few builds (So he probably can't remember where he got em, so long ago hehe :p 
Moto
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 6:05:55 PM

They both came from FrozenCPU many moons ago.
!