Need help chosing the right parts

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
-APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: in 1-2 weeks, looking for a gaming computer, price between 1100 - 1300 $

-SYSTEM USAGE: mainly gaming, i want mutli tasking computer.

-PREFERRED WEBSITE: doesn't matter as long as their great with good price.

CPU: core i7 920

Ram: 6 ghz ddr3

motherboard: i have no idea on which ones for gaming.

HardDisk: whatever that is good.

-MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

PowerSupply: how many watts it have to be? plz let me know and explain if u can.

Video card: Nvidia

thats all the parts that i need, thanks in advance.

tju2an

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
A great price differ will be what CPU you want to use. For your budget I would have Bought a s775 Motherboard, p5q3 as I bought myself, which supports both Quad, Duo and Extreme CPUs from Intel. I recommend Corsair 2x2Ghz DDR3 Ram DIMM for that.

Graphiccards is a big question, but the GTX Series isnät very Expensive for all cards but great Performance. GTX260 to recommend, and depending on how many GPU's you want to use, you will need different amout of Watts in your PSU. 600W is allright for allroud using if you ask me.

If you want a great improvement, you change Motherboard to s1366( I think )and install i7 processor instead, which will cause you computer to last for longer before you need another upgrade, but it's a question about money.

i have been a fan of the AsusTek company and prefer their parts infront of other manufacterers.

HDD should be a WD Black, 500Gb-1.5Tb depending on your need of memory.

Optical reader is, in my opinion, just something cheap. not much more then $30 should be spent on this.

If you feel you aint in need of some expensive parts, reduce their performance and price and upgrade what you feel you going to need :)

Thanks

Filip

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
For your budget, don't get a socket 775 platform.

Read this post on the entry level i7 and what it really cost to get the platform. You can get a kicking AMD system that will out perform the i7 for gaming because you can get better graphics.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269380-31-skora-build-cheap-gaming

Now if by thats all the parts I need, means you have the case, os, HSF, and all that other stuff, please be more clear and list what you have.

TRENDING THREADS