Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gigabyte Motherboard Won't Turn On

Last response: in Motherboards
January 30, 2010 6:06:38 PM

After using this Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R) for 2 months it just will not turn on anymore. I have made no changes to it, but it suddenly will not turn on. The PSU has a switch in the back which I've made sure is on and I still get no response. No lights turn on, no beeps, nothing. I don't even get to see anything on my monitor and it won't post. I took out all the memory and tried without them, and also took out the video card and still nothing. Absolutely no power goes to the motherboard. I even took out the CPU and put it back in, but still nothing.

I've unplugged the main connection between PSU and motherboard several times and this seems to let it start up. But when it does I don't see anything. No post, nothing, just a blank screen. So when I try shutting it off the power button won't work even after holding it for about 30 seconds. I'm forced to flip the switch in the back. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Here are the specs:

Intel Core i7-920 2.66 GHz
3 x 2GB DDR3 Patriot Viper Memory
EVGA GeForce 9800GT video card
Patriot Warp Series 64GB SSD (for OS and programs)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive (for data)
Corsair HX620W PSU (Modular)
Windows 7 64-bit
January 31, 2010 1:38:52 AM

I got a LGA 775 p43-es3g GIGABYTE motherboard and same stuff was happening. SO ANGRY!! I am waiting over a month for them to repair it.
m
l

Best solution

a c 156 V Motherboard
January 31, 2010 12:35:01 PM

Our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...

Do you have a system (case) speaker installed? If not, with a nonworking system, you really need one.

If you case or motherboard didn't come with a system speaker you can buy one here:
http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html
Related resources
February 4, 2010 12:59:30 PM

Everything works now. Thank you jsc for the link. It turns out I never installed the standoffs that go between the motherboard and the case. The instructions that came with the Gigabyte board were not that good and they never mentioned what to do with most of the hardware they packed into the box.

To install the standoffs I had to completely remove the motherboard and then plug everything back in so I'm not really sure if doing this fixed my problem. I'm glad I installed the standoffs anyway.

I do have a system (case) speaker installed, but since the mobo wasn't receiving any power the thing never beeped.

Thanks again for the link !!
m
l
February 4, 2010 1:05:24 PM

Best answer selected by jortizz.
m
l
!