jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
i recently bought my m4a7gt-e motherboard. im a complete noob at building computers and puttin them together. my questions are or predicaments.

I have 3 usb connections on my mother board. they are labeled as follows.

usb910,usb1112,usb 78

i have 2 usb cords from my haf 932. which slot to i plug those in at?

i also had a cord that splits at the end forming two connectors labeled hd audio, and ac'97. which do i use and wehre do i plug them in at? ive got the hd audio plugged into the AAFP slot. is that correct?

also the reset wire and the power wire. ill try to make it look like what the mobo is showing me.

_ = blank

.._..

ive got both the wires on the bottom does that matter? i know they are labeled on the motherboard but does it matter if they are both on the bottom?

do i need to plug my 3 4 case fans into the mother board or the PSU itself?
do i need to use the sata cable that comes with the case and also do i need to use the firewire that comes witht he case? if you could link me a site that gives me a detailed step by step process of these two combinations of motherboard and case that tells me what goes where that would be REALLY helpful. thanks guys.also on the motherboard there is a plug in called cha fan2 with three prongs sticking out. what is that for?and what is com1 for?

Ask someone to help assemble the system. It's the first time you have tried this and you sound confused about a lot of things like, "where do I plug case fans in and such". No doubt the the MB and CPU were expensive. Wrecking it in the building process is not any fun. Ask someone who has assembled a system to help you.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Put the two USB cords from the front panel connections im guessing into two of the USB headers on the motherboard, pretty much always at bottom of board with 7 pins in a nice tiny little plastic box.
As for audio, not so sure myself, just does as mobo manual says, and if it works when you try it then u have got it right.
Sata cable you can just plug into standard SATA slot on mobo, that is if your gonna use the eSata on the front panel or you can just leave it as is.
With firewire.. if your mobo supports it then make sure you put it into a firewire header, they look very similar to the USB ones, if you get it wrong youll blow the header and the cable i think
COM1 is something to do with... idk, i have a adapter card with a vga female connector on expansion slot that plugs into that slot, no idea what it does
Cha fan2, is for case fans
For fans, 3 pins can plug into the mobo, 4 pins molex (bigger plasticy kinda ones) will need to plug into your PSU, or use a 4pin - 3pin adapter.
Hope that answers most of your questions

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
yea basically right, with 3 pin youll be able to watch them using speedfan or whatever, with molex you cant monitor at all and theyll just run 100% all the time unless they got speed control switches on them, or you can use a fan controller for 30$ or so and control every fan you got via that

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Really, at this point I have to agree with Badge. Get someone that knows what they are doing, even if you have to pay someone a wee bit... Have them show you what they are doing, watch carefully (take notes if it helps). Next time a new build will be much easier.

BUT... In case you decide to barge ahead on your own, fan headers are all keyed. If you have a fan that does not come with a header, well.... (previous advice, keep the receipts).

Power and reset will either work or not work, there is no + or - orientation to worry about, only that you have the correct two bins connected to the correct two headers,

USB ports... I had a case that had all single pins, that was a real pain. Most cases now have integrated headers, also keyed, to make your life simpler. As previously mentioned, DO NOT confuse USB and firewire headers, as you will really need those receipts. I really wish that they would at least key them differently...

RTFMs! All these questions (and more) have answers in your MB and case manuals. Properly read, (and understood) you'd already have a running system. And, NO, I am not going to read them for you and then spoon-feed you the answers. Unless you are willing to pay my going rates, that is...