Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • County
  • Phoenix
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 28, 2009 7:23:03 PM

FYI Good price for those in the areas indicated below.

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/ads/2009/08/28/4394...

Prices Good Friday, Aug 28, 2009 through Thursday, September 3, 2009. Unless otherwise indicated, ads are for the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (HOU), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), San Jose (SJ), Phoenix, Renton, Chicago and Austin areas.

More about : gtx 275 sale

a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 7:42:10 PM

Sounds like a good price but why whould EVGA sell them so cheap. Refurbed or 90 day warranty?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 7:46:11 PM

Not a bad sale, but it but only shows how much the thing costs normally, since you can get a 4890 for the same price as it's sale. Seriously Nvidia has to get their prices down.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 8:39:16 PM

darkvine said:
Not a bad sale, but it but only shows how much the thing costs normally, since you can get a 4890 for the same price as it's sale. Seriously Nvidia has to get their prices down.

Seriously, pass on a link. I'd be interested in a 4890 at $149.
m
l
August 28, 2009 8:41:21 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
Sounds like a good price but why whould EVGA sell them so cheap. Refurbed or 90 day warranty?

A buddy of mine went over to Fry's earlier and picked one up. He then went back through the line and got another one for SLI. He said they are NIB and come with EVGA's standard warranty and step-up. Fry's does some crazy sht sometimes. I guess they figure you will drop more money on other impulse buys while you are there. Anyway , just thought I would share.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 9:39:25 PM

Twoboxer said:
Seriously, pass on a link. I'd be interested in a 4890 at $149.

I will try and find it again, it was from some weird vendor (I want to say power color but that doesn't sound right) and the next cheapest card I can find is $190. I will link back to it when I find the other one I talked about. I am pretty sure it was within 10 dollars of the sale price of the 275. ($158 or something like that.)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 10:24:40 PM

Well, today, at Fry's, the 275 is the best deal around.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 10:30:03 PM

yeah today but in a few weeks it will be back to normal. That is why I have decided to stop buying Nvidia until they start lowering the price, not just for a week or two, not just on a few cards. I am not saying you have to at the same level as ATI but I would still rather get 3 4890's for roughly the same amount of month as 1 GTX 295. (I said roughly before anyone jumps on me there)

To me it's more about supporting a company I like as a company for what they do for their customers. And I am not saying ATi doesn't have faults, they have tons but they give us power and price. It really sucks to because not only do I love Nvidia I love EVGA as well.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2009 11:50:34 PM

I'd rather get nVidia early in any series life-cycle because driver support has been quicker and cleaner. And I'm paying for drivers, too.

At some point in the cycle ATI gets its act together, and makes the few dollars saved worthwhile.

But my preference is to reward nVidia for getting me running early. I appreciate that.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 2:21:53 AM

but is 2-3 months worth tge cash difference in some of the high end cards? To me it's not, because for one I never buy at release or near it because I know for a fact within a month and half the price will come down a bit and ATI drivers will starting to get better. 2 months of bad drivers for less then half the price is fine with me, because in the end I still get great drivers were has I won't get that money back.

However I think the driver issues isn't going ot be a factor this time around. I have a feeling that the latest ATI drivers major jump in performance might be the fact they are working on getting amazing drivers for the 5XXX series. We could very well be seeing the beta drivers for the next gen.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 3:10:06 AM

darkvine said:
but is 2-3 months worth tge cash difference in some of the high end cards? To me it's not, because for one I never buy at release or near it because I know for a fact within a month and half the price will come down a bit and ATI drivers will starting to get better. 2 months of bad drivers for less then half the price is fine with me, because in the end I still get great drivers were has I won't get that money back.

However I think the driver issues isn't going ot be a factor this time around. I have a feeling that the latest ATI drivers major jump in performance might be the fact they are working on getting amazing drivers for the 5XXX series. We could very well be seeing the beta drivers for the next gen.

If you judge everything on price, and think drivers won't be an issue, your decision is a lock.

Two months of bad drivers that crash games . . . if its only that lol . . . to save what . . . less than the price of a game?

Sounds like your approach is to wait and buy ATI when its price/performance is actually better. That's a fair strategy, and matches my initial comments exactly. My approach is different; when I need/want to buy, I buy as I said in my initial comments.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 3:48:58 AM

This plan was outted several weeks ago, that the 275 would litterally be thrown at the market to curb the DX11 ATI cards. These prices will likely be much lower after the ATI cards arrive, theyre actually trying to get more for them before the price really drops.
I say hold off, unless youre determined to buy a nVidia card, but even then, Id wait, cause these will be high prices soon
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 4:09:55 AM

Ya, they are dumping them before everyone jumps ship to ati.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 4:31:55 AM

And theyll only be cheaper after ATI cards arrive, as their price perf ratio will have dropped a few notches
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 7:11:51 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
And theyll only be cheaper after ATI cards arrive, as their price perf ratio will have dropped a few notches

Good points that you made. EVGA or Fry's isn't in the business to give away cards or lose profits. Like a bad stock, they know these cards will be worth less a couple of months from now so why not cut their loss or break even now?
$150 is still a hefty price for a videocard that won't do DX11. I think I'll wait.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 3:37:59 PM

$150 is still a good price. And I live in the D-FW area. :)  Unfortunately, I'm at work - in Saudi Arabia. :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 5:43:56 PM

I simply can't wait until the new battle of next gens start.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2009 2:58:58 PM

Be sure to get a DX11 capable CPU to go along with that DX11 videocard. I mean why have an unbalanced system?
m
l
July 23, 2010 4:41:36 PM

Best answer selected by roush2fast.
m
l
!
worried