Please read this and tell me if you think Creative Support is completely missing the issue here.... Thanks!

From: Jake Mosher
To: Creative Customer Support

Dear Alvin,
Thank you for your continued support. In case you did not actually read my last letter, I know the CD software does not work, I have uninstalled/reinstalled as per Creative instructions, I have used the driver which you have linked to, and my onboard sound was disabled the entire time up until i removed the soundblaster from my system until further notice.

I would like to let you know that I am not the only person experiencing this difficulty, as I have come in contact with several other people who are experiencing this exact same problem with Windows 7 64-bit.

PLEASE take this recommendation seriously: PLEASE develop Windows 7 64-bit standalone drivers. I'm quite sure this is where the problem is originating; that your drivers are over 4 months old, and they only imply support for Win7 64-bit. That doesn't inspire very much confidence, especially since those are the only drivers I've used on my computer and they have yet to work. PLEASE develop new drivers. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jake

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
From: Creative Customer Support
To: Jake

Dear Jake,

Thank you for writing back to us and we appreciate your patience.

When installing Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic in Windows 7, please do
not use the CD as it is not compatible with Windows 7.

Please completely uninstall previous drivers and applications by
following the link below:

http://support.creative.com/kb/showarticle.aspx?sid=65687
Title: Uninstalling Sound Blaster Drivers and Applications(Windows
Vista)

This article should work with Windows 7 as well.

Once uninstalled, download the drivers from our website and install. If
there is an onboard audio on your PC's motherboard, it is recommended
that you disable onboard audio to prevent any conflicts it may cause
with the Sound Blaster device. For specific steps on how to disable
onboard audio on your PC, please contact the motherboard manufacturer or
consult the motherboard's documentation.

The drivers and application for Windows 7 for Sound Blaster X-Fi
XtremeMusic can be found on the link below:

1) Driver: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0013

http://support.creative.com/Downloads/searchdownloads.aspx?strString=SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe&ShowDetails=1

Hope this helps.

If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.

Best Regards,

Alvin
Technical Support
Creative Labs Americas

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
From: Jake
To: Creative Customer Support

Thank you for responding to my technical difficulties. Your help is
appreciated.

In Windows 7, it is not possible to cancel the automatic installation of
drivers. However, Windows 7 does not have a generic driver that supports
Creative sound cards. The sound card worked fine before I upgraded to
Windows 7. I have been having issues with it since the upgrade. I've
tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, using both the files
downloaded from Creative.com and using the web update program, and have
not used the files on the CD since I am aware they are out of date. I
have powered off the computer, removed the card, restarted Windows to
make sure the card has been uninstalled, then powered off again to
reseat the card before reinstalling the drivers. Nothing has helped the
situation. I can assure you that I am a very advanced user, and am very
thorough and knowledgeable when it comes to troubleshooting products,
and only resort to contacting the manufacturer when all of my resources
have been exhausted.

I understand upon extensive research that Creative X-Fi cards have
historically malfunctioned when greater than 3 Gb of RAM is installed in
a machine. This is unfortunate, as this is what seems to be happening to
my computer. When I upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit, my computer only
recognized just over 3 Gb of RAM, and my X-Fi XtremeMusic worked
acceptably well. When I upgraded further to Windows 7 64-bit, my
computer recognized the full 4 Gb of RAM that I have, and my X-Fi
XtremeMusic started malfunctioning. I assure you that I took the
greatest of care in making sure I have the newest, most updated drivers
and software available from Creative for my sound card.

At this time I have completely uninstalled my sound card yet again, and
am using my onboard Realtek 7.1 audio, since it works perfect with
Windows 7 64-bit. Perhaps when Creative releases new drivers (since
Windows 7 was not in a finalized build when the most recent Creative
drivers were released) I will consider using my X-Fi card again. I wish
that the Creative development team were more timely in releasing
up-to-date drivers for their products, since they are so widely
recognized as a quality product. Unfortunately, my most recent
experience with my Creative product has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Feel free to update me personally when your newest drivers are released,
and I will be willing to give my product another try, in hopes that I
will be able to once again use my Creative sound card.

Sincerely,
Jake

---------------------On Sun, 10/25/09, Creative Americas Customer Support
From: Creative Americas Customer Support
To: Jake

Dear Jake,

Thank you for getting back to us at Creative Technical Support.

From your description, I understand that your sound card cannot be
detected.

Follow the detailed steps below to uninstall and reinstall your sound
card driver:

1) Refer to our Knowledge Base article Uninstalling Sound Blaster
Drivers and Applications
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=1712

- Refer to PCI Sound Blaster Cards
- After you completed ?Empty the Recycle Bin? in item 3 under ?Step 3:
Removing the remaining files?, turn off the computer instead of
rebooting the PC. Instead of continue on the steps in this article,
proceed to step 2.

2) After shutting down the computer, remember the PCI slot the card was
previously installed and remove the Creative sound card.
- Power on the system again without the sound card.
- Ensure that the computer and the Windows Vista have been fully loaded
and is in idle state.
- Verify that the sound card is not being listed in the Device Manager
and there is no pop-up on any hardware is being found.
- Shutdown the system and put back the Creative soundcard and power up
the system.

3) Upon system startup, the Windows would try to identify the sound card

and prompt "New Hardware Found". Note that the Windows should not be
automatically searching and installing the driver and if this occurs,
kindly repeat the steps from step 1 again to remove any trace of the
drivers from the computer.

IMPORTANT: When Windows prompts for the driver search, **Cancel** the
process to look for the driver to prevent your Windows OS from
installing its generic driver for the soundcard.

4) Reinstall the sound card driver from the download page at http://support.creative.com/

as the installation CD will not support Windows 7.

If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.

Best Regards ,

Daisy W
Technical Support
Creative Labs Americas

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
From: Jake
To: Creative Customer Support

Also, after completely uninstalling all Creative software and drivers,
and then reinstalling drivers, Creative Web Update no longer detects a
Creative product on my system.

Original Message Follows: -------------------------
From: Creative Americas Customer Support
To: Jake
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 9:12 PM

Dear Jake,

Thank you for reaching us at Creative Technical Support; we appreciate
the opportunity to assist you.

Please verify for us whether the speakers and subwoofer were able to
produce sound previously. Next, I recommend that you refer to the
following article for further troubleshooting:

My bass is too weak. What can I do?
http://support.creative.com/kb/showarticle.aspx?sid=17767

If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.

Best Regards,

Rae Z
Technical Support
Creative Labs Americas

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
==================================
Subject: CLI - Technical Support Request - (X-Fi XtremeMusic)
Name: Jake
Support Inquiry: My Creative hardware stopped functioning correctly
Product: X-Fi XtremeMusic

Detailed Problem Description:
In THX Console, Rear surround channels are played through front
channels. In Creative Console, all channels play separately and
correctly except sub. Center channel plays noise when sub channel is
tested. Have tried reinstalling drivers/software. Have
unplugged/replugged speakers.

==================================

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'd say that it feels like you've got automated responses :p If not, then usually the only thing those tech can do is take your product back or convince you that it can not fail.

The best tech support i've had yet is something like: Hello I BELIEVE i MAY have a problem with my product, there's a little problem maybe you could help? Hi Jerther, please send back the product and we'll send a replacement, or perhaps you would prefer a full refund?

Creative 'customer service' LMAO
I thought after that whole Daniel K fiasco everyone knew that Creative has no customer support.
Their idea of 'support' is to have you buy a new version of the same card that has working drivers locked to it...

Grumpy7

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I have a sound blaster live! ct 4830 , it's sooo old there is NO SUPPORT for any older Creative cards on Their Site (almost all links take You to the "Newer Products Page!)

They gave me an "End of Support Cycle Message, and Microsoft has NOTHING for it! It's all about making Us SPEND MORE MONEY!...In THIS ECONOMY????!!! Are they Serious, I have read NUMEROUS POSTS about their cards Barely working in thOS they CLAIM they were made for.....Creative...Not Very!

Grumpy7

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

gamerk316 , I have the PERFECT SOLUTION that i am now using, I put the "Creative CARD" IN A Drawer! One of these days, some jerk will upset Me after asking a support question, NOT TAKING the advice, call up WHINING AGAIN...then I'll give Him the Card, and tell Him to go find the Drivers for Win 7 on Creative's "Website" what a JOKE !

I just went back to my onboard sound with a K9VGM-V MSI board and it actually works BETTER than ANY Creative(IDIOTS!!!! ) card I have ever used. I have been Geekin' since 1998 (Windows 95 SR2 remind You of any Driver hassles?)

CREATIVE CAN KISS MY.....