Sign in with
Your question

Best solution and time saving solution for backing up data?

Last response: in Windows XP
January 16, 2012 12:12:04 AM

Hi All,

I'm looking for the best solution for backing up my personal data as it is about 300 GB large. I have been

spending more than a day to backup my entire personal data. Is there any other ways i could backup my files

without spending so much time on it. I was hoping to create an ISO image that is mountable so that i can

sort out those files that i don't require. I do not require restoring to disk partition as I'm planning to format

the entire partition and start afresh.

January 16, 2012 7:21:52 AM

MSIE said:
Hi All,

I'm looking for the best solution for backing up my personal data as it is about 300 GB large. I have been

spending more than a day to backup my entire personal data. Is there any other ways i could backup my files

without spending so much time on it. I was hoping to create an ISO image that is mountable so that i can

sort out those files that i don't require. I do not require restoring to disk partition as I'm planning to format

the entire partition and start afresh.

Buy a new HD as long as you are starting anew, and hanag your old
drive as a slave. No backup necessary, then.
m
l
January 16, 2012 2:15:52 PM

You can't create an iso image of 300gig. ISO is a disk image of an optical disk so you are limited in size of whatever the disk format is, which is bluray size right now.

Best way is as above, get a new drive, keep your old one for backups and to move files over.
m
l
!