Best solution and time saving solution for backing up data?

Hi All,

I'm looking for the best solution for backing up my personal data as it is about 300 GB large. I have been

spending more than a day to backup my entire personal data. Is there any other ways i could backup my files

without spending so much time on it. I was hoping to create an ISO image that is mountable so that i can

sort out those files that i don't require. I do not require restoring to disk partition as I'm planning to format

the entire partition and start afresh.
2 answers Last reply
More about best solution time saving solution backing data
  1. MSIE said:
    Hi All,

I'm looking for the best solution for backing up my personal data as it is about 300 GB large. I have been

spending more than a day to backup my entire personal data. Is there any other ways i could backup my files

without spending so much time on it. I was hoping to create an ISO image that is mountable so that i can

sort out those files that i don't require. I do not require restoring to disk partition as I'm planning to format

the entire partition and start afresh.

Buy a new HD as long as you are starting anew, and hanag your old
    drive as a slave. No backup necessary, then.
  2. You can't create an iso image of 300gig. ISO is a disk image of an optical disk so you are limited in size of whatever the disk format is, which is bluray size right now.

Best way is as above, get a new drive, keep your old one for backups and to move files over.
Ask a new question

Read More

Partition Backup Windows XP