Setup right?

decipherfreak

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I finally got my first computer set up, but there are some weird things still. When it first boots up, it says express gate installation incomplete. I'm pretty sure I installed all the drivers and stuff, and updated/flashed bios. Is there more to do?
Also, I set up 3 accounts for different uses, and on one of the admin accounts, when I try to go to Control Panel/User Accounts I get a weird error message

useraccounts.png

Either button leads me to the User Accounts page. Any idea what causes this?

4745454b

Titan
Here is a blurb about express gate from an Asus motherboard.

Instant Online! Instant Fun!
Taking only 5 seconds to bootup, Express Gate is the one-stop gateway to instant fun! It´s a unique motherboard built-in OS. You can utilize the most popular Instant Messengers (IM) like MSN, Skype, Google talk, QQ, and Yahoo! Messenger to keep in touch with friends, or quickly check on the weather and e-mails just before leaving your house. What´s more, the user-friendly picture manager lets you view your pictures without entering Windows at anytime!

I wouldn't worry to much as to why its not working right. You'll spend most of your time in windows anyways. As for your other problem, I have no clue. Any chance you have a pirated OS and someone put something nasty in it?

decipherfreak

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009

Well, I am reusing a copy of Windows so I used this technique.
http://www.gupshupblog.com/2009/02/how-to-activate-windows-xp-without-product-key/

4745454b

Titan
Well thats nice, but where did you get the disk? If you are reusing a copy of windows, you don't even have to do that. Makes me think your using something you got online, and if you did you don't 100% know that its safe to use. If whoever posted it did something funny to the user accounts so he can get into your machine, that might be the error your seeing.