Starz on Demand

I have a Directv Tivo unit. I also have the Starz package. In the Showcase
section, you can activate Starz on Demand. It says it downloads 5 new movies
per week and that they will be in the DirecTv Central Menu and you need to
allow for 10 hours of disk space. My question is whether you can delete any
of the movies with or without watching them?

Any info on how this works is appreciated.

Art
3 answers Last reply
More about starz demand

    * Art Matz wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > I have a Directv Tivo unit. I also have the Starz package. In the Showcase
    > section, you can activate Starz on Demand. It says it downloads 5 new movies
    > per week and that they will be in the DirecTv Central Menu and you need to
    > allow for 10 hours of disk space. My question is whether you can delete any
    > of the movies with or without watching them?

    You can delete them without issue. It schedules them during times
    nothing else is on so it will not conflict with any existing schedules.

    --
    David
    Superstition, idolatry, and hypocrisy have ample wages, but truth goes

    Art Matz <acmatz@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > I have a Directv Tivo unit. I also have the Starz package. In the Showcase
    > section, you can activate Starz on Demand. It says it downloads 5 new movies
    > per week and that they will be in the DirecTv Central Menu and you need to
    > allow for 10 hours of disk space. My question is whether you can delete any
    > of the movies with or without watching them?

    I tried a do-it-yourself version of HBO on demand with my DirecTivo.
    I went to the DirecTV and HBO web sites, looked for upcoming movies I
    wanted to see, and set them to record. I picked a bad week, though.
    Nothing I wanted, and quite a bit of manual effort.
    Starz on Demand seems like it should be a really simple thing to implement
    for any of the premium channels. There aren't that many new movie on each
    month.

    --
    ---

    Thanks David,

    I'm glad you can delete them. When it says it puts them in the DTV Central
    Menu instead of the Playlist, the question if you could delete them was a
    concern.

    Thanks,
    Art
    "SINNER" <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote in message
    > * Art Matz wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > > I have a Directv Tivo unit. I also have the Starz package. In the
    Showcase
    > > section, you can activate Starz on Demand. It says it downloads 5 new
    movies
    > > per week and that they will be in the DirecTv Central Menu and you need
    > > allow for 10 hours of disk space. My question is whether you can delete
    any
    > > of the movies with or without watching them?
    >
    > You can delete them without issue. It schedules them during times
    > nothing else is on so it will not conflict with any existing schedules.
    >
    > --
    > David
    > Superstition, idolatry, and hypocrisy have ample wages, but truth goes
    > a-begging.
    > -- Martin Luther

Tivo Video Home Theatre