New desk with giant PC cabinet (not sure if right section)

Couldn't really find a section that better fits this - sorry mods.

Alright, so I just bought a pretty big L desk, and it has a spot for just about any sized computer inside of the cabinet provided. I left the hinges off, so it's wide open - didn't install the shelf above the cabinet so it's tall and open, cut open a giant rectangle (almost the size of the back panel itself - wanted some cable management from it though) and plan on drilling some more holes into the back area when I get my new PC.

The computer I'm building in ~1 month will be housed in a Coolermaster 942 and the CPU will be under liquid cooling. My main concern is the RAM/Video cards - I'll be running 12gb of Corsair Dominator and 2 Radeon XFX 6970's. Although the 942 has a LOT of cooling already, should I look into investing in something to keep it more cool? Or should I deal with the lack of a dedicated area for my PC that looks nice?
1 answer Last reply
More about desk giant cabinet section
  1. You're never going to know for sure until you try it. The key is to make sure that the intake vents get fresh cool air - if that's true then it really doesn't matter how tight the surroundings are as long as there's no impediment to the exhaust air.
Ask a new question

Read More

Storage