Scott

Trying to reinstall xp after failing to install a 250 gig
hard drive. messed up so I backed out and reconnected my
40g with xp. when restarted, got message "autocheck not
found" then a quickflash fatal error message that I cant'
read, then it reboots again and again. Thought I would
reinstall xp but after set up files it states I cant use
the partition without reformatting. Any Ideas?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013 .
see if it applies to your situation. In any case it deals with the fact that
XP (per default) does not support drives larger that 137GB, unless you take
some precautions like having SP1 installed.
check it out.

george