Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
AMD Phenom 9850 Black
4gb PC6400 ddr 800
ATI Visiontek 3870 512mb
500gb western digital HD
700w OCZ Game X StreM PSU
Windows Vista Home Premium 64

I started witha a barebones system and built it up from there. I worked perfectly for 3 weeks. I was playing WoW and I kept getting so memory errors and had to restart the game. Other than that the system worked perfectly untill a few days later, it simply wont boot. All of the fans are working except the one on the video card. The optical drive is lite up but it will not open. I dont not get any beeps. Here is what I tried thus far.

First I reset the CMOS by jumpers and battery removal.
2. I replaced the motherboard (still did not work)
3. Replaced the old 600w psu with the one mentioned above (still did not work
4. Replaced the video card (still did not work)
5. Replaced the memory (still did not work)

I have re- set the cpu with some OCZ thermal paste (still did not work)

I have tried to work forwards and backwards from barebones to complete and still nothing.

I do not have an onboard video option.

I had spent a decent amount of money on this system and just to have it diagnosed will cost $100 so I hope someone can help me out.

is there is a case speaker connected to the mb and did it give one short beep at the POST when your computer was running ?

If you dont have mb speaker you need to get one so you can hear the beep code which will tell you what is wrong

One thing that might be worth trying is to disconnect the power and reset switches and very carefully use a screw driver to connect the pins that the power switch plugs to . A bad power switch could be all thats causing your problem , and you have eliminated almost all other possibilities

jebritt3099

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
There is a power on switch built onto the board. I attempted that with only the cpu and video plugged in and still nothing. Plugged in the memory as well and nothing again. Im so lost on this one. There are no beep codes at all, just the fans are spinning.

TRENDING THREADS