Sign in with
Your question

Screen blinks once at Windows Start-up after I configure ATI Catalyst

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2009 8:10:52 AM

After a fresh installation of Windows..when I haven't made any changes in my 3D Settings in Ati Catalyst....the screen is just fine...no blinking at start-up...its when I configure my 3D settings that Windows starts going black for like 2 seconds at Windows start-up every single time. Its like the computer is adjusting to the 3D settings I've set in the Catalyst. I have Anti-Aliasing at 24x Edge Detect...maybe thats what's causing it huh?? Anyhow...is there any way to stop the blinking...its very annoying.

AMD X2 Athlon 3.1 ghz
Asus M4a78-e Mobo
Ati 4870 1 gb
4gb ram
500 gb hd
Cooler Master 460w PSU
Windows XP 64bit SP3
a c 192 U Graphics card
August 29, 2009 3:44:32 PM

Yowsa, be careful. That Coolermaster PSU you have is overrated (reviews are on jonnyguru and/or hardwaresecrets. It really isn't enough for a 4870. When you are playing 3D games, that card pulls over 12A, so you're probably right on the ragged edge.
Back OT, I've seen that too; I think it is just CCC initializing the card. I minimized it by only loading the drivers, not CCC.
m
l
August 29, 2009 6:54:16 PM

Really?? I got 18A on both my +12V rails. Don't you think that's enough for the card?? And if it isn't...I think its okay to wait till it dies off..i don't think the Coolermaster will do any damage to the hardware when it does so...keeping in mind the brand makes quality products. What's your take....
m
l
August 29, 2009 6:55:04 PM

Onus said:
Yowsa, be careful. That Coolermaster PSU you have is overrated (reviews are on jonnyguru and/or hardwaresecrets. It really isn't enough for a 4870. When you are playing 3D games, that card pulls over 12A, so you're probably right on the ragged edge.
Back OT, I've seen that too; I think it is just CCC initializing the card. I minimized it by only loading the drivers, not CCC.

Really?? I got 18A on both my +12V rails. Don't you think that's enough for the card?? And if it isn't...I think its okay to wait till it dies off..i don't think the Coolermaster will do any damage to the hardware when it does so...keeping in mind the brand makes quality products. What's your take....
m
l
Related resources
!