I'm building a new computer and I need some help relating overclocking. This is my computer;
- HAF 932 Advanced
- Asus P8Z68-V Pro
- Intel Core i5-2500K
- Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1333MHz 8GB(2x4)
- Asus EAH6970 DCII Radeon 6970
- Thermaltake Frio
- Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM (500GB)
- LG Black SATA Lightscribe DVD-Writer 24xDVD+R
This will be my first overclock that I've ever done so I have a few questions. Will my psu be enough to overclock both the cpu and gpu?
Do I need to install a fresh copy of windows every time I'm going to overclock? I say this because, at first I plan to overclock my i5-2500k to 4.0ghz and later on to 4.5ghz. What are some of the temperatures I'll be seeing with 4.0 and 4.5 overclock with the thermaltake frio? Lastly, are there any good guides to overclocking the i5-2500k? I've looked at this one, http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/07/how-to... but I wasn't sure if it would be the same with my motherboard. Do all the Asus sandy bridge motherboards have the same UEFI BIOS layout?
2. You do not need a fresh copy of Windows installed each time you overclock unless something wrong (can happen) and the OS gets corrupted (unusual).
3. Load temps? Don't know. I am unfamiliar with your cooler. Your temps are going to depend on a lot of things: case, cooler, individual CPU, how much the CPU is overvolted, and ambient temp around the computer.
4. UEFI BIOS? I am unfamiliar with the Asus SB motherboards, but while the Z68 is a more complex board, the basics should be the same.