jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
Hi

this is my system

2 GTX 260 55nm video cards
galaxy nforce 740i motherboard SLI supported
Windows vista Home Premium 32 bit

I put in the cards, and installed the lastest drivers, but I get no option for SLI in the AA settings list in the control panel. I just get the normal settings I would for just one card.

the second card is working because 1- the fan is on, and 2, the device manager and the control panel recognises it

I put the SLI bridge on that came with the motherboard, and everything, but I still don't get any option for SLI

can someone please help me

selea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
The SLI setting is not under the same table as AA, it is in another root. It should show in the left where the Physics options are. Check in the menu that the option for SLI is enabled. Sorry I cannot be more specific since I don't have a SLI system in the office where I write now and I don't remember fully how it is disposed.

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
ok, I changed the bios options so the PCIE is 8x/8x instead of 16x

when doing that, once I got into windows, I got a little driver update thing saying the updates for the PCI bridge were installed

i go into the control panel and I still can't find where to activate SLI

also, when I go into device manager, I only see 1 gtx 260 vs. the 2 I saw before

sli.jpg

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
well I don't have much of a choice, I live in china and everyone over here is ATI, the only boards I can get that are LGA 775 and SLI are the 780i and 790i series boards,

the former is only about 60 bucks over here and the latter is about 120

both of these have to be ordered over the internet from an overstocked warehouse