Need help with OC : Getting different clock speeds when OC

Hi.

I have decided to overclock my PC to attempt to keep up with the times.

My specs are :

Intel E5200 2.5GHz
3GB RAM
MSI G31M3-F (FSB 1600)
Biostar Nvidia 9600GT
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (yes horible I know!, thus only 3 GB RAM)
Stock Cooler

CPU-z is giving me :

Core Clock @ 2.290.1 GHz (in bios - 3.1GHz and Computer - 3.53)
Core Multiplier @ 11x (this is what i set in bios, so atleast that is correct)
Bus Speed @ 208.2MHz (set it in bios to 283 - I think)

DRAM frequency @ 208.2MHz (matches Bus Speed obviously correct)
FSB:RAM is set to 1.1 (CPU-z is reporting it correctly)

So can anyone tell me WTFuzz is going on that I am getting different CPU clock speeds all over the place.

EDIT : OK so after multiple restarts CPU-z is giving the correct reading. 'My' Computer is still out @ 3.53GHz...

Ok so now i throttle down to 3.02Ghz after getting blue screen @ 3.1GHz just after starting Prime95. Getting errors @ current clock within 30 Secs.

Multiplier @ 11x
Buss speed @ 275.4MHz
Rated FSB @ 1101.7MHz

DRAM Freq @ 275.4
FSB:DRAM 1:1

Am I getting errors due to my 3GB RAM instead of 4GB?
Something to do with not running duel channel?

FURTHER EDIT : Ok so makes sense that I should set my FSB:DRAM to 1.5 because I have 3GB RAM???

Trying that next...

Reset your FSB:RAM ratio back to 1:1. The ratio has to do with speed, not quantity of RAM.

TheG31/G41 chipset is an economy chipset with a limited FSB range. On the average, the upper FSB limit is around 350 MHz. I have seen G41 boards between 342 MHz and 363 MHz.

An E5200, depending on the sample, can reach 4 GHz but you will need better than stock cooling. If you are using the stock cooler, 3.0 GHz is not bad.

With a halfway decent cooler and a little luck, you should be able to reach 3.5 - 3.6 GHz.

Keep your CPU voltage under 1.45 volts and your load temps under 70 C.

I havn't had any heating issues at 2.9GHz, ceilings at 56degrees Celsius.

Ok so you suggest 1:1 and lower or higher multiplier? I would prefer a faster FSB (it is way under 350) so I could do that. But as soon as I increase FSB and lower multiplier I get errors.

TRENDING THREADS